Never Thought

/ Never Thought #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
I never thought the day would come those 86 acres would ever be log. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

The land owner past away year ago and his son sold the land to developer /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif and now the mighty oaks and the pines that reach the into the heavens are starting to fall like the autumn leaves. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

As a tadpole that was one of my favorite play ground,for one learn about life..birth and reason w/death,and reflect those fond mermories.

The mightly oaks and maples were like a father strong hand upon a son shoulder.The pines were like mother loving whisper from the gentle summer breeze.The land wasn't scared and beauty bloom at every foot step.

If one to sat at my old bedroom window listen they would hear voice of an engine running than silents,and like a clap of thunder mother earth has given up another life..I never thought this day would ever come. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Last edited:
   / Never Thought
JD540 warming up for more hauling.

Last edited:
   / Never Thought
One man logging operation..cuts one day hauls the next day.

Last edited:
   / Never Thought
Hauling out the logs before 12/25 nasty winter storm arrives.

Last edited:
   / Never Thought #5  
It's called harvesting Thomas.

We do that with things we don't take the time to appreciate. A cowboy wouldn't consider eating horse for a minute. He cares about horses. He can't say the same thing for cows.

In a couple of weeks I'm going to be putting in a fence at a friend's sixty acres an hour plus from my home.

I'm going to be enjoying the company of the second largest Burr Oak in Texas. They've estimated it's age at fifteen, fifteen hundred.

Think about that. When Columbus hit the new world that tree was a thousand years old.

I'll post pictures. You can "awe" with me.

I hope you're having a nice holiday. We are. Life is good.

/ Never Thought #6  
Looks like you have a nice stand of pines (for now) next to your place.If they are pines they probably will all go. I sold timber on my place and it was hardwood,we select cut,nothing under 21 " about chest high. A select cut operation is good for the forest,but usually when they cut the pines they take it all. But then again pines grow fast and they will come back pretty quickly. A guy hates to see the pretty scenery changed,but I guess thats the way it goes.

/ Never Thought #7  
Thomas;

Times keep changing, drat it all.
Quess all we can do is adapt and have another cup of Maxwell House while reliving old memories.

Merry Xmas
Egon

/ Never Thought #8  
Thomas, I understand what you're going through. I once owned a house that had a huge wildlife preserve directly behind it. In an attempt to make money, the town that I lived in sold the land to a developer. I cried when I saw my beloved 100 year old oaks topple. It was one of the saddest times of my life.

That's why I bought my farm in an agricultural district. I'm surrounded by farmers, who (I hope) will never give up their land to development. At least they say they won't.

/ Never Thought #9  
THOMAS: know how u feel./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif did the same thing to a section of woods that i grew up in, used to camp out there when i was a youngster, but in the long run it was best for the forest. selective harvesting is not bad, just seems strange to those of us that lived with them woods. but on the bright side!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif a whole new bunch of new trees will have room to grow , and be special to another young boy or girl. your pics. were great, could almost smell the pine.