Page 304 of 421 FirstFirst ... 204254294301302303304305306307314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4206
    Tractor
    Ford 1920

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

I bought one of these a few months ago. Already paid for itself in sharper chainsaw blades

--
    Chris Barnes

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Recall - HF blue 19.2V Cordless Drill

Recall - Harbor Freight blue 19.2V Cordless Drill - Sold through May 2012.

Tool overheats. One owner got a minor burn. CPSC is asking if others experienced this.

Harbor Freight Tools Recalls Cordless Drill Due to Fire and Burn Hazard

(alerted by Shortfuse over on Welding Web)

Default Re: Recall - HF blue 19.2V Cordless Drill

WOW thats scarey, I remove or try to remoe my bats when not in use. I had a well know Ryobi that melted from the switch as well,HD didnt seem to want to exchange it either..Like anything , pull the battery when possible.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Default Re: Recall - HF blue 19.2V Cordless Drill

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    WOW thats scarey, I remove or try to remoe my bats when not in use. I had a well know Ryobi that melted from the switch as well,HD didnt seem to want to exchange it either..Like anything , pull the battery when possible.
    Absolutely...these lithium batts can go bonkers and heat up and cause problems. Same thing when charging them--keep an eye on them and watch how hot they can get.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post
    I was in Harbor Freight yesterday, killing time while the spouse was at the craft/ fabric store down the street.
    There was 41/2" angle grinder on sale for 9.99$.

Looked to be of good quality...so I figured I would regret leaving the store without it even though I already have 2.
    I can justify 3 grinders, as it's quicker than having to switch from a cutoff wheel to a grinding wheel to a wire brush... Anyway... it's mine and it seems to be OK even though it's only 4.5 amps, enough for a cup brush.
    For 10$ I figured I would give it a go ...90 day warranty.
    Thanks for giving me the necessary rationalization to buy another grinder (I just bought my 2nd-their 4.5" paddle switched model and haven't used it yet), your grinder swapping vs wheel/disk swapping is a great efficiency improver.
    Thomas

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    Can't beat that for an angle grinder. I like the idea of not having to change out discs like you said.

I recently picked up an OBDII scanner essentially as an "open box return" not used.
    Attachment 290159

This is the "top end" model. Very easy to use- scrolling through the menu and finding the data I needed was easy. I haven't yet tried to upload anything to my computer or- update the software. For my needs, tieing anything to my computer isn't a necessity. I have heard that some probems may arise with updating the software but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I now will be able to do a lot more of the maintenance on my vehices and save substantial money. Already, on our Audi- I have been able to deal with several issues that have persisted. That alone has saved at least one $80.00 scan at the dealership.
    We have one, and it has saved several family members from expensive "fault-hunting" service bills and repair scams.
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    Can't beat that for an angle grinder. I like the idea of not having to change out discs like you said.

I recently picked up an OBDII scanner essentially as an "open box return" not used.
    Attachment 290159

This is the "top end" model. Very easy to use- scrolling through the menu and finding the data I needed was easy. I haven't yet tried to upload anything to my computer or- update the software. For my needs, tieing anything to my computer isn't a necessity. I have heard that some probems may arise with updating the software but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I now will be able to do a lot more of the maintenance on my vehices and save substantial money. Already, on our Audi- I have been able to deal with several issues that have persisted. That alone has saved at least one $80.00 scan at the dealership.
    I was toying with buying one for some time. After finally breaking down and getting a smart phone I ended up buying a wireless (blue tooth) OBDII adapter for the phone and downloaded an app. For less than $30 it works great. If you have a fault it'll read the code, a description, and ask if you want to search the internet for more detailed info. It'll display any gauge or sensor that's connected to the computer. It'll even read the tire pressure sensors on cars that display the actual pressure. You can even drive down the road and display any gauge or sensor as well as chart it in case you have a problem that's not giving a check engine code.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal

I was toying with buying one for some time. After finally breaking down and getting a smart phone I ended up buying a wireless (blue tooth) OBDII adapter for the phone and downloaded an app. For less than $30 it works great. If you have a fault it'll read the code, a description, and ask if you want to search the internet for more detailed info. It'll display any gauge or sensor that's connected to the computer. It'll even read the tire pressure sensors on cars that display the actual pressure. You can even drive down the road and display any gauge or sensor as well as chart it in case you have a problem that's not giving a check engine code.
    That sounds like an amazing ap. do you have a link or any additional info?
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

The app is called "torque" it's for Android phones.
    Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle
    The website isn't all that great but the app works very well. In fact I opted to pay the $5 for the upgrade.
    Here's the adapter I bought. I paid more because it's a US seller. If you don't mind buying direct from China you can get it for half the price. I think the price has gone up a few bucks but it's still only $25.
    Interfuse Mini Car Diagnostic Scanner - ELM327 v1.5 OBD-II Bluetooth for Android | eBay
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I have a similar Bluetooth adapter that I got on Amazon and Touchscan installed on my laptop (which has a bluetooth adapter in it). $40 total invested and it works well for most gas vehicles. Touchscan doesn't read many codes on Diesels (or at least not on my parents '99 E350 w/ the 7.3L diesel).
    Touchscan lists for $35, but some sites (I think I used mp3car) have it on sale for $25 with great regularity.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 304 of 421 FirstFirst ... 204254294301302303304305306307314354404 ... LastLast