Tire loading

/ Tire loading #41  
<font color="blue"> this exotic fluid: pure water.
</font>

Yup, that is my choice, too. I'm lucky enough to live where it doesn't freeze, so I have tubes in my tires (got enough thorn related flats that I had to) and they are filled about halfway with water.

One of the nice things about doing it this way is that when I do get a flat I can just drain the tire where ever it seems best and then don't have to worry about lugging around a sort of flat, loaded tire.

Works for me, though. I can't add external weights without doing some kind of welding, which I'm not prepared to do to a tractor that is working well for me. Unfortunately, to add the Kubota weights to the front would require me to remove the FEL (not enough clearance /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif). So loading the tires is a pretty good choice (I don't do rowcropping just now, and use my lawn tractor to mow my lawn).

My fronts are almost "slicks", and when I replace them I'll have them filled with foam. Bit pricier, but would eliminate flats /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and is heavier than water, I think.

/ Tire loading #42  
Thanks for the responses & info.
FYI Casimir 4570 is an old blackpowder ctg but handloaded w/appropriate modern powders and jacketed (or lead) bullets in modern mfg guns it has become "modernized" and is a very effective short to medium range round.
Wanted and need FEL but with 1 horse, 1 pony (baby sitter for horse), 1 jackass (to pay for it all and do the heavy lifting) - all wifes, I'll get by without for now.
NY Yankee Fan thanks for the wt info. - veeeery interesting!
3050's info has led me to decide to see if I need the extra wt before I jump in and fill the tires - my Mahindra 5500 came w/2 rear wheel wt per side - maybe (I hope) I won't need to fill the tires. Duals would restrict the versitility of our tractors by limiting where we could get with them. I have some trees that I'll need to bush hog around that duals would be to wide to get between.
Thanks to ALL that have replied, I have read w/interest your comments, suggestions, and reasoning and it has all been enlighting.
4570Forever