Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Sadly, as I have started enjoying driving a sports car I have started hating driving my 2003 F150. Until I got into sports cars I'd never driven anything but trucks. And while I haven't driven any late model trucks I find so many of them to be wallowing, unresponsive land yachts that do not excel on or off road. I think that is the fault of the American consumer who wants car-like trucks with car-like ride and safety that at least make a pretense at being good off road as well. Thus, they do neither well.

Trying to steer my 2003 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 is more like making a suggestion, stopping it is a vague but sometime desperate hope, and getting the big slush box to shift properly is like playing the lottery.
    What I wouldn't give for a full size truck with a manual transmission, enormous brake pads and rotors, firm and beefy springs with firm responsive shocks and most of all, precise steering with at least a vague feeling that the steering wheel is in some way connected to the front wheels.
    I'm assuming I'd have to build this mythical beast myself.
    How about a Dodge Ram SRT10? They made them for a few years and they can still be found a a fairly good price.
    Dave,
    BX2350

N80
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Quote Originally Posted by dodge man View Post
    How about a Dodge Ram SRT10? They made them for a few years and they can still be found a a fairly good price.
    Don't know anything about them but will look them up. Did they come in 4x4? Towing package?
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

No, but they came with the Viper motor/tranny... It was more a production motor than the hand built motors in the Viper. Dad's boss had one, but I never got to go for ride. Everyone that rode in/drove it said it was wicked fast...

Don't know anything about them but will look them up. Did they come in 4x4? Towing package?
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

So let me get this straight. You want a truck that perfroms like a sports car, but you want it to be a 4x4 and a tow package? Yeah they make such a thing, its called a Duramax with a Corvette on a trailer behind it.

Seriously, your asking for too much. The SRT10 was originally offered in short bed with the v10 Viper engine and a six speed stick. I think for a couple of years they made it in a four door truck version also. I don't think it ever came in 4x4. There is probably not a transfer case that would handle the power.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

That RAM SRT10 would have been amazing with AWD...

Quote Originally Posted by dodge man View Post
    Seriously, your asking for too much. The SRT10 was originally offered in short bed with the v10 Viper engine and a six speed stick. I think for a couple of years they made it in a four door truck version also. I don't think it ever came in 4x4. There is probably not a transfer case that would handle the power.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

There was also the Ford Lightning. the Ford Raptor is also interesting but not as a sportcar. The gmc cyclone and typhoon, were impressively fast with boosted engines and awd, but they weren't setup to tow. In Australlia they have modern el caminos style car utes with the Corvette drivetrain by Holden (gmc).

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

We have a 2012 Mustang vert. Don't get to use it much but when we o we really enjoy it. It's a fair weather car. Only used n sunny days and stored in the winter.

...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 Gear Ag Tires

I have a new project it's a 69 mach 1 numbers matching 351 factory 4bbl dual exhaust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?-image-2196877564.jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 Gear Ag Tires

A few more pics of the mach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?-image-1926636877.jpg   Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?-image-496314083.jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yan Mar YM2000

A 2500 Denali with a programmer may be the closest you can get to a 4wd truck with some sports car characteristics.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast