3215 hydraulic connections?

/ 3215 hydraulic connections? #1  

MrChris

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215HST
Was looking under my 3215 seat yesterday on the right side and was wondering if these connections are hydraulic? There are two connections. Couldn't get a real good picture of the second port. Looks exactly like the one you can see though. I added arrows for clarity. Thanks.

Attachments

• Hydraulic.JPG
    Hydraulic.JPG
    666.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Hydraulic1.JPG
    Hydraulic1.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 312
   / 3215 hydraulic connections?
Looking at a parts manual, it appears a sub valve kit is added here. This allows addition of a single remote handle which comes up through the slot next to the 3 pt hitch lever to control more than likely a hydraulic top link.:thumbsup: Expensive though. Looks like it's over $1000.:(

Here's a pic. Part#1

Attachments

• SubValveAssembly.gif
    SubValveAssembly.gif
    46.2 KB · Views: 376
   / 3215 hydraulic connections? #4  
Gday there MrChris

Going through a similar thing right now, just found these myself and trying to figure out if I can tap straight into them to add a rear remote or two. Whats got me thinking though, is do we need to find a third outlet point like the 3PL has? The two you have identified are marked P and N, which only leaves T which is the return line according to my FEL manual.

You come up with any more updates/ideas since this thread started??

I've decided to go with the OEM sub valve kit. I just really like how the whole system is integrated into the tractor. Very clean looking install. I was able to get a kit price of $645. Still expensive for a single spool system, I know. I'll be working on the install this week and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
   / 3215 hydraulic connections? #6  
Wow thats a lot cheaper than the $1500 I just got quoted! Any chance you could post some pics of the connections into the diff housing once you're done ? That would be really helpful. Cheers

Took some pics of the project. Pretty straight forward install. Kit came with good step by step directions with pictures. Most of my time was spent cleaning out three threaded holes in the 3 pt side housing to mount the remote block and the bracket for the remote control arm. Gotta love the dirt daubers here in the South. They fill every hole up with dirt.:laughing: You can see some of what I mean in the initial thread pics I posted. You basically remove 3 bolts and the outside cover (The outer part that has the top plug visible in my initial thread photo) to access the 3 hydraulic ports. The block then attaches in the covers place and the remote spool connects to the block. A new cover goes on the outside of the spool. Two hydraulic hoses connect on the bottom of the spool and go to the Quick connects in the rear. I like how the hoses have wire spooling on them for protection. The new spool control arm is right next to the 3pt control arm on the right fender. The new spool does have a float setting as well.:) Sorry I couldn't get better pics of where the spool mounts, pretty tight area, but the parts diagragm pic really shows how everything assembles.

Attachments

• remote spool.JPG
    remote spool.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 299
  • rear quick connects.JPG
    rear quick connects.JPG
    633.3 KB · Views: 313
  • remote spool control.JPG
    remote spool control.JPG
    624.9 KB · Views: 295
   / 3215 hydraulic connections? #8  
Thats really neat! Can you tell me where the return line got plumbed into? There are the two large ports on the horizontal, PB and Pressure line in; is the small vertical port just above these the return line??

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 224
   / 3215 hydraulic connections? #9  
Okay just thinking about it some more.... I've been thinking I can plumb hoses directly in to these ports.... What your saying is I need to remove that outer large port housing, and then underneath that are three ports to bolt a block to, then bolt the valve onto that?

Yes. You don't have to worry about a return line. All the ports are internal openings in the side of the block and spool that get mounted to the side of the 3pt housing. Each opening has an oring which seals the ports as you sandwich the block and spool together. I still wish I knew what those access ports you are asking about, which got me curious when I started this tread to begin with, actually access. The block that gets added also has 4 plugs in it that you must install prior to mounting. Would be nice to know what these access and can you tap into these for further expansion. I believe Mitsubishi engineers are probably the only source who would know this for sure, or whoever makes the block and spool. There were no access markings or brand markings of any kind on either piece:( The fittings were metric sizes. Most were BSPP standard and the hoses were made in Japan.

Last edited: