Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Default Re: TYM Warranty Experience

Is that frame cast?
    Cast can be welded, but.....

I wonder what the issue is with these tractors..... 2 broken frames in a month or so, seems suspect to me

Tractor
    TYM/T273

It is not cast. You only will see cast on older tractors from what I understand. Most newer tractors are not cast. If it were cast, you can forget about any welding repair that will hold.

Tractor
    TYM 233

The frame is steel and the spots that broke is 3/8 thick and 6in high . tractor at dealer ,frame ,drive shafts and anything else to be replaced , my cost will be between $ 0 and $200.00 shold take about a month due to shipping and waiting for the dealer to start on it

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

That's amazing that the are willing to fix it out of warranty, there are very few companies that would do that. Could the frame be reinforced some way to keep this from happening?
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    TYM/T273

Wow, that's cheap. I've spend more than that on gas already.So TYM is for the most part going to warranty the part or work for you even though it is out of warranty? If this isn't a selling foint for TYM, I don't know what is.

Tractor
    TYM/T273

One ideal I had thought about as far a reinforcing the frame would be to directly weld the front end loader "T' post directly on the frame which would act as support brackets. Right now they are just bolted on as you can see from my posted pictures in the beginning of this tread. The T post brackets are so much thinker than the tractor frame its self. I lind of wish the frame would have been made a little stouter than it is. On the inside of the frame there is not a lot of room for welding in support brackets and it would be almost impossible to get to the very top of the beam unless you started taking off stuff.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    tym 233hst

When mine broke I was goin' to weld the 't' post on, but warranty covered it. Not happily

Tractor
    TYM/T273

Well, other than what I would call a tractor frame that could use some thicker gauge metal, the TYM has been pretty tough for her size and I can't really complain too much with 454 hrs on a tractor I bought in 2007. Still, I wish they still built them as tough as the old Ford 3600. If you don't mind be asking, what were you doing when the frame broke? With me, it's entirely possible that I might have induced a little more torque on the frame they I should have. With a full load of dirt, I don't think I was quite on a level surface and had one of my front wheels slightly higher on part of the dirt mount. With my load and the front end at a slight tilt angle, my only theory is that I put too much strain on the frame. This is only a guess however because it's entirely possible that a crack might have formed over time then finally gave loose. A hint on this could be the the crack picture I posted in that some parts of it look new and some look old (shinny vs dull). That being said, prom now on, I'm going to be more aware of the ground I'm on when hauling full loads of dirt. and try to stay on a more level surface from now on. I don't ever want to have to go through this again.

Tractor
    TYM 233

My tractor is 4 yrs into a 5 yr warranty , and like I said its being covered . Going to visit dealer tomorrow to check on things . Going to stay on top of things

Tractor
    TYM/T273

Yeah, I only got a 3 year warranty when I bought mine. At the time, they were not offering 5 year warranties.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast