Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #1  

Baby Grand

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H
Just replaced the turnbuckles on our B5100 with telescopic stabilizers from StabilWorks:

StabilWorks

The installation took about 20 minutes and they are a huge improvement.
Hitching an attachment is much faster now. I had considered Pat's, but didn't want to move the mounting point any further aft.
Our B5100 can only manage a little over 300 lbs on the 3 point and we have a 40" tiller that it just manages with the present geometry.

P9290042.JPG

Mark was very helpful and warned that I might have to trim the PTO guard a bit (it's close, but so far no clash).
I highly recommend these as a very affordable upgrade to anyone who frequently changes implements and wants to preserve their present hitch geometry. Cast off the turnbuckles of oppression!

Jim

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #2  
I just installed mine yesterday, It's the best money I've spent on my little B7200. Mark is very helpful and make's a great product.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #3  
Is there a reason no one gives the price they paid for the actual one they rec'd? I hate calling for a price and finding out something is about 5 times more than I'll pay and that's always my assumption when a seller doesn't give a price or even a price range so I just move on.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #4  
thanks for the reminder BG...I've been wanting to trim back the PTO guard for some time now but somethings else always comes up. Good luck with the telescopic stabilizers

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #5  
Looks good.As I mentioned in another thread I made a set for my BX 2360 and find them to be a definite improvement over the turnbuckles.Just curious what the tab is for on each one?

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers
Looks good.As I mentioned in another thread I made a set for my BX 2360 and find them to be a definite improvement over the turnbuckles.Just curious what the tab is for on each one?
The tabs are parking spots for the pins while you are adjusting the length so you don't drop them.
I paid $131 for the set, which included shipping.
Very reasonable price for a well made, hand built product that works right.
I thought about making my own, but couldn't find exactly the steel sections that I wanted and knew that there would be a lot of trial and error to get everything just right - there isn't much room in that area on the B5100.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #7  
Is there a reason no one gives the price they paid for the actual one they rec'd? I hate calling for a price and finding out something is about 5 times more than I'll pay and that's always my assumption when a seller doesn't give a price or even a price range so I just move on.

I also paid $131 to my door.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #8  
I have seen him have them listed on craigslist.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #9  
The tabs are parking spots for the pins while you are adjusting the length so you don't drop them.
I paid $131 for the set, which included shipping.
Very reasonable price for a well made, hand built product that works right.
I thought about making my own, but couldn't find exactly the steel sections that I wanted and knew that there would be a lot of trial and error to get everything just right - there isn't much room in that area on the B5100.
Thanks for the price. Seems reasonable for those of us that don't weld. Not cheap but reasonable. Also thanks Naildriver, TBN is not functioning properly and couldn't add your to the same reply.

/ Replaced turnbuckles with telescopic stabilizers #10  
I can answer that. I build three different sizes, to suit the owners tractor size and needs. Within those three sizes, there are often differences in tractors, which leads each set to be custom made. So, I price them based on the size, in addition to unique needs. In most cases, the prices are the same- $120 plus shipping for a small set, $130 plus for a medium set, and $140 plus for a large set. That is standard- in 98% of the cases, that price never changes. I use flat rate shipping, so there aren't variations in the shipping price, unless the customer lives outside the continental US. If a customer needs heim joints, etc., or if the set is excessively long (more material), I charge extra for that. But, I only charge the hardware/material difference, because the labor is about the same. So, when a customer contacts me with their needs, I give them a price then, and it doesn't change at that point. If I miscalculate, I absort it, not the customer.