Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Shootout at high noon tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jmwilson View Post
    I have a question. The Magnolia dealer said he moves the tires to their widest point and fills them with fluid. He said the center of the tire was about at the outside edge of the rear fender. Do you guys set the tires out this much?
    Yep we have some fairly steep slopes on some of our properties and if we didn't fill them and put them all the way out, I would be upside down somewhere.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Just FYI,
    I had "spoken" with TripleR about that very same topic, the width of the tires, and from what I have gathered from his very helpful information, was that his final width is right around 80" from the outer edge of one tire, to the outer edge of the next.
    Thanks again for all that info Larry! (and correct me if I'm wrong)
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Just FYI,
    I had "spoken" with TripleR about that very same topic, the width of the tires, and from what I have gathered from his very helpful information, was that his final width is right around 80" from the outer edge of one tire, to the outer edge of the next.
    Thanks again for all that info Larry! (and correct me if I'm wrong)
    You pretty much have it judging on the overhang on each side of my 84" box blade.

Bronze Member

Thanks TripleR, I think the tire setting looks good on your tractor, and plus it it safe.

Mike

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400F

The positive term of "wide in the rear" is only applicable when talking about tractors.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

MessickFarmEqu talked me our of it. Neither the 5083E or the 8560M has an intercooler wmonroe. Without a doubt sdkubota, that would be the John deere. According to the back of the New Holland card, I have been looking at and test driving tractors since April 14th 2011.

Attachment 295077

Now, it is time to buy one. Man them Deers's are high. I found a new New Holland T4030 with loader for $38,000, but it does not have a cab. This is what I should buy, but I'm getting soft at 60 years old, so the AC is nice.

What happened Don. I don't know. Attachment 295078
    You purchased a 5083............Congrats. Pics please.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdkubota View Post
    The positive term of "wide in the rear" is only applicable when talking about tractors.
    I herd that. My wife mentions that sometimes. I'm wide in the middle, so I'm not saying nothing.

Don, I am going to sign the papers this Saturday. I do not know if he will have to order it, but I will definitely post some photos.

I kinda feel like I'm getting an 18" crescent wrench to turn a 7/16 nut.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

I herd that. My wife mentions that sometimes. I'm wide in the middle, so I'm not saying nothing.

Don, I am going to sign the papers this Saturday. I do not know if he will have to order it, but I will definitely post some photos.

Not to worry, I have found that tractors "shrink" once you get them home. I grew up farming with fairly small 30-50HP tractors and remember the first time I drove a "big" tractor, Case CX80; got use to it really quickly.

I have actually mowed my sons yard a few times with our M8540 with a Woods DS1260 pull type rotary cutter and he has plenty of trees and shrubs. My wife trimmed it up with our BX, but I managed to do a pretty good job and not hit anything. You will be surprised how quickly you adapt.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

I felt that way when I boughten current tractor. I thought it was much bigger than I needed, however now I realize its not big enough!

I bet you'll be extremely happy with your purchase!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Bronze Member

For some reason my wife got upset about post #27 Name:  oh.gif
Views: 415
Size:  275 Bytes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast