My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch.

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #1  

dig it now

Tractor
Ford
The best tjingI ever mounted in my tractor bucket is a reciever hitch. I use it for my homemade brush forks, mt 10000 lb. dump trailer, my 3 way hitch ball for a capstan to pull wood etc.. Bolted to the inside of my bucket blade it will not interfere with loading or backbladeing. Mine is on a CK30, and it has no problem moving anything. icandigit

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #2  
Pictures please :D

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #5  
Would like to see pictures also :)

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #6  
x2 on the pics.

I was actually brainstorming with what all i can do with the new to me tractor i just got yesterday. I was wondering how i could move the boats around and car trailer and i bet this would work great so i wouldn't have to turn around while backing the boat into the garage.

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #7  
there are a bunch of posts here about adding 2 and 2-5/16 balls to the tractor.

i have a permanent 2-5/16 added to mine and a removable 2"

i had to make an offset to the 2" so i could see what i was picking up from the cab. For the 2-5/16 plus bucket hooks i added an upper and lower piece of 3/8 plate to make a strengthened top plate of 1" thick on the bucket. I can pick up my 30' gooseneck horse trailer without any issues.

0327111410.jpg0327111535.jpg0327111953.jpg0329111630.jpg

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #8  
After hearing all the raving about adding a receiver to the top of a bucket, I went and did it when I got my new tractor. Adding the chain hooks were a given for me, but I added the receiver based on all the positive reviews on TBN. Franky, I don't get it. It is set way too high to use with a common bumper pull trailer. I am using the biggest drop I have which is like 4-6" and it isn't even close. Now if you are moving a gooseneck, I can see that it should help more, but I find it a real PITA with my 16' bumper pull type. You are either dragging the bucket or jack foot in the ground, or digging in the rear of the trailer if you lift too far. One of these days I will get a 12" drop or something to give me some chance of making it useful at all, but then you can't see the ball to hitch up as it will be hidden in the bucket...

I don't see much real utility for this item so far. If I want to lift something, I use the chain hooks anyways, so no need for a hook in the receiver for that. And using it to move a trailer is weak, as noted above. I just don't get it...

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #9  
I was wondering that when i saw everyone putting it on top of the bucket. My car trailer has a drop in the rear and it sits fairly low to where I could probbaly load a truck without a ramp. So there is no way i would be able to move the trailer without digging the rear into the ground, or having the bucket scraping along the ground. I"m thinking of making my own quick attacth mount so i can just remove the bucket and move it that way.

/ My favorite bucket attachment. A simple reciever hitch. #10  
If you use a straight ball adapter it's very limited use when on top .
If you make a ball hitch in the shape of a L so the top of the ball is facing you while seated you have great visibility and can pick up a trailer even if it's on the ground.