NH TC30 2005

Default Re: Olathe Model 12 Drum Chipper

check out this site, tells where to get parts
    http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=17620

and this one seems to have the knives
    http://www.milldepot.com/search_by_chipper_model.cfm

http://www.milldepot.com/cat_olathe.cfm

This one has your blades for $34

Also found this but no free details available on the site.

915 P.2d 86
    259 Kan. 735, 30 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 495
    OLATHE MANUFACTURING, INC., Appellee/Cross-Appellant,
    v.
    BROWNING MANUFACTURING, Emerson Power Transmission
    Corporation, Appellant/Cross-Appellee.
    No. 72890.
    Supreme Court of Kansas. April 19, 1996.

Good luck

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

I suppose I am inclined to go for it. My neighbor told me I was welcome to try it out. I went over to hook it up and give it a go, but the top hookup needs a flexible link (similar to the top link on a RFM) added because it was binding as I tried to lift it. Also, the driveshaft was too short (would probably only get 2" or so overlap), certainly not enough for an implement that would draw as much power as this one.

The same neighbor has loaned me his Vermeer 6" chipper with a 25 HP Kohler. This is the main the reason I haven't gone out and had the link made and got a longer driveshaft for it. But, I have about 30 Live Oaks that always seem to need a haircut, and I can't keep his forever.

Has anyone had any experience with a drum chipper versus a disk type flywheel? Are they self feeding by action of the knives pulling the material in?

I have a kubota B7800, and both my neighbor and I seem to think that big Olathe Model 12 hooked up behind the Kubota would outperform the little Vermeer he has. The Kubota is only rated at the PTO at 22 HP, but it is a 4 cyl diesel versus a 25 HP 2 cyl gas...

Thanks everyone for all the input,

Rick

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I REALIZE THIS THREAD IS GOING ON 7 YEARS OLD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHouTX View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of one of these? My neighbor has one in pretty good shape, and I tried to call the number on the decal affixed to it, no luck. Just rang and rang. Did a google search for Olathe Chipper, also no luck.

It is a beast and I want to buy it, but I am worried that I will never get parts or service.

Rick
    But this is also my situation.

Does anyone run one?

Have you repaired it?

How easy is it to work on?

Do you have pics?

The CL ad I'm working with doesn't even have pics.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

I went to TORO https://landscapersolutions.toro.com...ualsResultPage and found an online OP manual, and the parts listing.

Never have seen, operated, or worked on one. Just thought maybe this would help...

I hope the page opens, you may need to run an "add on' from a prompt at the top of the page, to get it to open.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

when you say drum chopper this is what i think

dont exactly have "parts"
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Can't say I've ever seen one of those before..!! What is it's exact purpose..?? I can think of several uses, but then that doesn't mean alot..., LOL...

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    when you say drum chopper this is what i think

dont exactly have "parts"
    Yeah but we are discussing drum CHIPPER.

Any way, my problem is over the Olathe

had to much rust for me to spend $1,000 on it. I'll go with a new Jinma first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olathe Model 12 Drum Chipper-0116131245.jpg  
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Quote Originally Posted by DJ54 View Post
    Can't say I've ever seen one of those before..!! What is it's exact purpose..?? I can think of several uses, but then that doesn't mean alot..., LOL...
    It reminds me of a rolling chopper, manufactured by FLECO in Jacksonville back in the '50s. FLECO was originally Florida Land Clearing Equipment Co, and was bought out by Balderson a number of years ago. Balderson subsequently sold out to Caterpillar. The rolling chopper was discontinued somewhere along the line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12