Please have pics open in new window!

/ Please have pics open in new window! #1  

kennyd

Advertiser
Tractor
John Deere 3720 CAB/TLB, JD455
Since the upgrade, one issue is still plaguing me, and I thought it was being worked on...
After clicking on a attachment in a post, then clicking the "BACK" button to return to the post, the forum ALWAYS takes me to the top of the page, then I have to scroll down to find where I left off...

Most other forums just have the attachment open a new window for viewing, then you just click the X and you are back where you left off, or you can leave it open while you continue reading the thread. Makes much more sense to me:confused:

/ Please have pics open in new window! #2  
This would be a nice feature- I use Firefox as a browser and you can open the photos in new tabs- the new IE7 Beta should allow that as well.

/ Please have pics open in new window! #3  
kennyd said:
After clicking on a attachment in a post, then clicking the "BACK" button to return to the post, the forum ALWAYS takes me to the top of the page, then I have to scroll down to find where I left off...

I'll second that! I noticed, though, that if you change to a subsequent page in the thread (like from page 1 to page 2) it seems to work properly?:confused: :confused:

/ Please have pics open in new window! #4  
If you down load Mozilla, Firefox or SeaMonkey browsers then you can open the pictures in a new window, a new tab or in the same window/tab that you are on now. Personally, I use SeaMonkey and will never use IE again except on the rare site that doesn't work properly with SM.

/ Please have pics open in new window!
JerryG said:
If you down load Mozilla, Firefox or SeaMonkey browsers then you can open the pictures in a new window, a new tab or in the same window/tab that you are on now.

Thank for the tip Jerry, But I am not sure I want to "upgrade" or change my software to fix a bug that is not on my machine, and is also casing grief for others.

Just seems the webmaster can make the change like most other Vbulletin sites.

The new window option just makes sense to me, but I guess lack of interest to this thread means most others don't care:(

How about a poll?

bones1 said:
Just right click and pick open in new window, works for me.

Thanks for the tip, and while that does work for me, it also requires one more step and I am lazy;)

/ Please have pics open in new window! #8  
bones1 said:
Just right click and pick open in new window, works for me.

Ding Ding Ding! This is exactly what I would have suggested.

Gee, No backup from the Maryland guys!:rolleyes:

/ Please have pics open in new window! #10  
We will have to add this as a configurable option, since not all users want the automatic new window.

In the mean time, holding down shift while clicking the link (or right click and open in a new tab/new window) will do the same thing.