Simplicity Conquest - value???

/ Simplicity Conquest - value??? #1  

lnjr

Hello,
I was just wondering if someone could possibly tell me approximately what a Simplicity Conquest would be worth. The reason that I ask is because my parents have one that they no longer use (purchased new in 2004) and offered it to us. I would like to give them what it is worth --- not just take it from them.

Here is the info on the lawn tractor.

Simplicity Conquest --- 16-HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-Twin engine. 44 cutting width; Hydrostatic / foot controlled automatic transmission; Free floating mower deck with full width rollers; Infinite height of cut adjustment; Quick hitch attachment removal system with mechanical spring assist attachment lift; Padded, soft grip steering wheel; Easy adjust 15 high-back seat; Cruise control; Four headlight illumination; Automatic Controlled Traction and differential lock; Heavy-duty attachment lift lever; 16 front/23 rear 4 ply tires; 2 cylinder with electronic ignition; 18 turning radius; Low effort steering. This unit has 155 hours of use on it and there is also the 42 snow/dozer blade; rear weights and carrier; mulcher/shredder kit; rear chains; cart & a spreader to go with this unit.

Any information would be Greatly Appreciated.

/ Simplicity Conquest - value??? #2  
Do you know the original sales price of the tractor, attachments and accessories? That would be a good starting point...

For example, I'd guess the tractor and mowing deck cost in the $4800-5000 range, then you add the other things.

Then, factor in depreciation...

Now 5 years old, with only 155 hours (below the average of around 50 hours/year), I'd SWAG its value to be something between 1/2 and 2/3 of the original cost.

That may be a bit above market value (based on just eBay or dealer trade-in) but would likely come close to what a dealer would sell the used machine for... A key difference is you know the seller, the condition and the maintenance history.

Just some thoughts as a beginning point....