How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl?

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
in my signature, the tractor has a PTO and electric diverter switch to divert from the front loader hydraulics up/down motion to the rear PTO 3pt hitch up/down, but no rear hydraulic lines at all.

We were considering a rear 3pt small box blade with the hydraulic scarifyers that raise up/down with a button.. and also a trencher, but requires rear hydraulics to raise/lower the boom into the ground. Is this something you can add/upgrade on any hydraulic system/tractor or are all tractors different?

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #2  
I also have an XL and it looks to me like the easiest way to add a rear hydraulic remote would be to use long enough hoses to reach the connections for the bucket curl. But that doesn't help if you have the loader mounted. If you got another solenoid valve like they use to divert the control from the loader to the 3 point lift, you could tap into the bucket curl lines and route to the rear.

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #4  
I thought the XL had the same 3 PH that the BX JD 2210 2305 and MF GCs have.

No, its more of an overgrown garden tractor rather than a real subcompact.

Any halfway experienced mechanic should be able to work that up. All you need is to tap into an area with constant flow.

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #6  
No, its more of an overgrown garden tractor rather than a real subcompact.
I've seen/heard a lot of guys claim it's the same thing as
The JD 2210-2305 MF 2310 - 2300 And the BX 1500 1800 and 2000 Kubotas.

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #7  
They are on the border line, not a SCUT but close, like the Deere X700's. Guys tapped (and still do) rear hydraulic lines in to old Cub and Deere garden tractors all the time. I don't imagine it would be a tough job at all on a Simplicity Legacy.

-Fordlords-

/ How to add rear hydraulics to 06 Simplicity legacy xl? #8  
Plumb it from the loader curl ports and use the loader curl control to control your rear remote. I use the left/right ports on my patch panel to the remotes I added to the rear of my JD.

Attachments

• PICT0016 (2) compressed.JPG
    PICT0016 (2) compressed.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 553
  • PICT0023-1.JPG
    PICT0023-1.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 486