Simplicity Legacy Value

/ Simplicity Legacy Value #1  

L3650

Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 model Simplicity Legacy, 25 HP hydro garden tractor. It comes with a 60" mower deck.

I would like to get a ballpark value on this machine. When talking to a local dealer I could not get any real information, but an offer to go look at the machine and then give a book price. I think the less cooks in the kitchen would be better for me.

Other than using the dealer, is there another way to determine price?

/ Simplicity Legacy Value #2  
I can't help you on the value of this tractor but I can tell you I bought a
Simplicity Legacy brand new in 1997 with a 60" deck and paid about $8500
for it at the time. I have the Kawasaki water-cooled 20HP engine in it. I have been mowing heavily with it since then and have about 600 hours on it. It has
been absolutely trouble-free and the cut it gives is fantastic. A good friend of mine is the local John Deere dealer and privately admits the Simplicity gives the best cut of the major brand names.

If you can get it at the price you like; I highly recommend it.

/ Simplicity Legacy Value #3  
I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 model Simplicity Legacy, 25 HP hydro garden tractor. It comes with a 60" mower deck.

I would like to get a ballpark value on this machine. When talking to a local dealer I could not get any real information, but an offer to go look at the machine and then give a book price. I think the less cooks in the kitchen would be better for me.

Other than using the dealer, is there another way to determine price?
Is it a Simplicity Legacy
or
is it a Simplicity LegacyXL

/ Simplicity Legacy Value #4  
I can't help you on the value of this tractor but I can tell you I bought a
Simplicity Legacy brand new in 1997 with a 60" deck and paid about $8500
for it at the time. I have the Kawasaki water-cooled 20HP engine in it. I have been mowing heavily with it since then and have about 600 hours on it. It has
been absolutely trouble-free and the cut it gives is fantastic. A good friend of mine is the local John Deere dealer and privately admits the Simplicity gives the best cut of the major brand names.

If you can get it at the price you like; I highly recommend it.

Is it a Simplicity Legacy XL
or
is it a Simplicity Legacy

L . B .

/ Simplicity Legacy Value
It is a Simplicity Legacy, not the XL model.