Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Default Simplicity Legacy XL

Haven't seen much about them in the last 2 or 3 years on here.
    Is there popularity fizzling out?

L . B .
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Default Re: Simplicity Legacy XL

Don't think they're any less popular...

Simplicity positions them as a large garden tractor -- not a CUT/SCUT -- and sells them into that market pretty well. The garden tractor forum here is very quiet, in comparison to some others... where Simplicity is pretty well represented.
    Power Trac PT-425 w/numerous attachments
    Allis-Chalmers B-210 w/several attachments
    Gravely 5260 walk-behind w/two attachments
    Yamaha Rhino 450 UTV w/numerous mods
    More pictures & info about my garden tractors

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

I have the Legacy that I bought in 2000, and it's been a pretty good garden tractor. I need a new solenoid for the starter now, and I did replace the fuel pump at about 250 hours. It's got something over 500 hours on it now. I use it to mow, collect grass / leaves, and pull carts, etc. in my three acre yard.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by KentT View Post
    The garden tractor forum here is very quiet, in comparison to some others... where Simplicity is pretty well represented.
    Can you give me some of the other garden tractor forums? Thanks.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Back 2 or 3 years ago there were 2 or three guys who bought a new XL here.
    Just wondering since I haven't seen any new owners around here since then.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Quote Originally Posted by L3650 View Post
    Can you give me some of the other garden tractor forums? Thanks.
    Here's a couple:

Lawn & Garden Tractors Forum - GardenWeb

http://www.mytractorforum.com/index.php
    Power Trac PT-425 w/numerous attachments
    Allis-Chalmers B-210 w/several attachments
    Gravely 5260 walk-behind w/two attachments
    Yamaha Rhino 450 UTV w/numerous mods
    More pictures & info about my garden tractors

Mine is approaching 300 hours, and I am loving every minute of it. I recently falgged down a dump truck that installed a new cesspool and I took the dirt. Spread out about 25 yards of it. Digging out more stumps in the backyard with the backhoe. Pulled some huge vine out of the trees. I also had a raspberry patch that was filled with broken branches, some bird-proof netting (NEVER use that stuff again!) and other crud. Put the forks on the bucket and scooped it all out while leaving the raspberries. I love this machine!

Us Legacy owners are active in other Simplicity-centric forums.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    none now

You can't go wrong w/ a Simplicity. In the 70's we had two for a weed business, one built in the 50's & one built in the 60's. They were still selling parts for both when we sold them...

I talked my college buddy in town to buy a used one that wasn't selling [guy had the mower belt routed wrong] for $500.00.

Couple years ago I short-blocked it for him, original engine was made in 1980.

Last year one of the front wheel bushings failed, the local dealer had them in stock. He confirmed that this was around a 1981 vintage tractor. Ed asked the guy how much longer it would last & was told 'easy; at least another 28 years'...

I agree, these machines have a lot of history. I also have a 1984 Simplicity and just this month bought a front snow/dirt blade for it so it starts a new chapter of its life. Truly, a workhorse of the highest caliber.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 2823

It's not a Legacy XL, but I have a Simplicity Prestige in MF red, bought new in 2007, and it's a very solid machine. I consider John Deere, kubota, and Simplicity (in no particular order) a league apart from all other tractor style lawn mowers. I especially like Simplicity's ACT (automatic controlled traction); it works great on slopes and around ditches. My only complaint is that their decks are a little harder to put back on after you take it off than JD (at least mine is harder to put back than the deck on Dad's JD 345). I guess that ties into the issue of the grease fittings being on the underside of the deck, requiring removal to grease the spindles. Overall though, these are minor complaints since no deck is fun to take on and off.

I'm also happy that Simplicity hasn't diluted their name by developing a lower end machine to meet a national retailer's price point. I believe this helps keep their quality and image up. With Simplicity, there is no confusion as to which model is sold at Lowes and which is sold at the dealer; no inquiries about the differences between the "big box" mowers and the ones at dealers. While this undoubtedly eliminates bragging about huge market share, it helps those of us who own Simplicities because when resale time comes, our machines have an image of uncompromising quality and used Simplicities aren't competing in price with almost identical looking Simplicities down at the mega store selling for $1500-2000.
    Simplicity ZT4000
    Shindaiwa T195s, Redmax HB250
    Northern 48" core aerator, Rug'id 250# spreader

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast