Price for old Simplicity 4040

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040 #1  

hobie

Silver Member
Tractor
Jazee One
Saw a 4040 on Craig's List for 2800.00 I has been repainted, the tractor looks nice, has good tires, front mount snowblower, and a rusty 60" mower deck. I don't need a tractor now, but have a sister in law that could really use it. Anybody know about these tractors, and the price? Thanks, Brian

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040 #2  
Nothing about that specific machine BUT Simplicity parts are availble for 30 - 40 year old machines and they are well built to begin with...Last summer I replaced the front wheel bushings on my college friend's 1980 simplicity tractor. He asked the dealer how much longer he could expect it to last & the guy said at least another 30+ years...

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040 #3  
The 4040 is a great little tractor. You can get all sorts of accessories. The price seems pretty reasonable.

Check out "michaels tractors" - it is a forum all about AC and Simplicities. Lots of good info there.

I have two AC 616's which is the same unit.

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040 #6  
I should have added that these things mow like a dream.

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040
Thanks guys! Those are great links. Haven't been able to contact seller, or my sister in law. Will try again tomorrow. On line it looks like a tractor I could love, and would be great for my SIL. Keeping fingers crossed. Brian

/ Price for old Simplicity 4040 #8  
i have a simplicity 4040 i need a rear pto clutch where can i find one reasonably priced?