Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !!

/ Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !! #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
The wife wanted a walk behind rear tine tiller for the garden so I looked at new troy bilt horse tillers and simplicity 7016rt tillers.I ended up buying the simplicity tiller from a local dealer I have never dealt with before.I picked the new tiller up and headed home to try it out,a few moments of run time and (POW)what the heck?I tried to pull start it again I could not get the recoil start to budge.Low and behold the dealer had forgot to put oil into the engine.After a 15 mile trip back to the dealer he stated that he had not forgot to put oil in and got kind of grouchy.I told him I wanted my money back in full since I payed him $742 in cash,he told me all he had was $242 bucks in his cash register and that I would have to wait 5 days for the other $500 bucks because his wife only wrote checks on mondays.I finally got the check last week,thank god.I guess it is part my fault because I took this dealer at his word that he put oil in the engine.I went againist my own rule of thumb always check the oil.I ended up buying a older troy bilt horse(8 hp briggs) that was in great condition from a private party and yes I did check the oil.LOL,coobie

Last edited:
   / Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !! #2  
My dad taught me to never EVER start an air cooled motor without checking the oil myself. If I start that motor 6 times in the same day, the oil gets checked 6 times. He didn't like surprises and neither do I, and it's a practice that has caught potential problems before disaster struck.

/ Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !! #3  
I'm still using my 30 year old Horse and just can't think of buying one of the new ones they are attempting to sell these days. I really miss not being able to drive to Troy and getting parts.

Wayne

/ Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !! #4  
I think my Troy Bilt turned 27 this year. It was expensive to buy at the time, but it is a solid machine.

/ Simplicity 7016rt /Troy bilt tiller story !! #5  
I'm still using my 30 year old Horse and just can't think of buying one of the new ones they are attempting to sell these days. I really miss not being able to drive to Troy and getting parts.

Wayne

*thumbs up*

I picked up a 1975 Horse with a blown engine for nothing but my time. Bought one of those B&S pullouts from Small Engine Warehouse (direct bolt on) for just under $200.

Parts aren't a problem, but you do have to order online.

Best-****-tiller-ever.