Simplicity 9518 rebuild

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #71  
Stick to the basics.......an engine needs fuel, fire and air to run. If its turning over and trying to start, its not getting one of the 3 things listed.

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #72  
Great forum thread. I just bought a MF 1010 that is missing the 3 pt hitch.... which unfortunately I didn't know anything about.

Now to get it to pull my finishing mower I 'have' to get this sorted ; either by sourcing bits or by having them fabricated by a machine shop.

Your photos and the link to partstree have given me hope. if not just a little hope ;)

** I will be reading through your post in detail to make sure that I do what I can to keep mine well maintained and to try and keep parts from wearing out... sounds like it's getting harder and harder to fix bits ... re: $1000 for fuel pump :eek:

My hours clock has been disconnected, so have no clue how many hours are under it's belt. it does blow a healthy bit of black smoke when cold. :rolleyes:

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild
Hey Fairview, I just posted some links on the thread you started looking for the 3 point hitch parts. I know of 2 sources, and between them there are 3 machines at minimum that should have a full 3 point hitch available. What I can say about the 9518 project was it was defiantly a learning experience and a money pit, therefore i decided to hand this project on to someone else that had the tools and equipment to get the job done right. If you need any info on it I sent in all the specs on the 9518 when I had the original manual to Peter at Tractordata.com where he posted them on his site:
TractorData.com Simplicity 9518 tractor information
One other way you could complete your 3 point hitch is via ordering your missing parts from Hoye Tractor. They sell 3 point hitch assembly parts and i have a good feeling they would hook right up to your MF 1010. :thumbsup:
Yanmar Tractor Parts: Under_20_HP
I wish you the best of luck in finding the rest of your 3 point hitch and will keep my eyes open for deals on a 3 point hitch if they come along.

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #74  
my name john I am looking to buy head gasket set for mind ,9518 simplicity ph 6078629297

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #75  
well, here is my old pump. i put the red caps from the new one on the old one to keep dirt from getting in. Two of the bottom rollers are sunk in and one isnt. Would this pump be fixable? and not be to expensive? :confused: I have never taken one apart, would it be dificult to do if i did? the guys at NewHolland said that all the seals are shot in it. I wonder if they are still available yet this pump is about 30 years old so i dont really know for sure.

I know this is an old thread but it is related to my current problem. I did take the pump apart 2 years ago, then had a stroke after broke rib pierced my heart. Two years later and I forgot how to realign the slide that adjusts flow. If you still have a pump for reference could you help.