Simplicity 9518 rebuild

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
Well, just went and picked up my new broken Simplicity 9518 tractor. It is a 2wd tractor, 80s model, diesel with R3s tires and 1200 some hours. The tractor doesnt run yet and the rear fender is bent. A few little things like the seat need to be replaced as well as a few other things. It doent have a battery or a top link for the 3 point hitch. The tractor has 18 or 19 hp and has the mounts for a simplicity mower deck. It also came with an operators manual. It was manufactured by hinomoto and is similar to the allis chalmers 5015 as well as the hinomoto C174. Here is some info i found online http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/1/9/191-allis-chalmers-5015.html I cant wait to start working on it! I would post some pictures but I cant until next week when Im using a different computer.

Last edited:
   / Simplicity 9518 rebuild #2  
wwp.gif

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild
Well, the rear fender is all bent up, the tractor needs to have a new battery, air filter, and a bunch of cleaning done as well as emptying the oil and anything else. I will post pictures soon. Can you believe google only has one picture of a 9518.

Just got back from Napa with some new filters (air, tranny, oil). I cant wait to get this tractor running. Oh, I got the info for the filters off this site, thanks guys.

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #5  
Jacob : ...glad to see you getting started on this project. Do you know its history and when it ran last? Any idea "why" it does not run now? Can you turn the engine with the belts? I hope it's not siezed or anything serious!

Sounds like the previous owner had far too many tractors to bother with the one that got sick? So I wish you good luck on making her well again!!!

Keep us all posted on your progress!

CHEERS!
. . tug

Well since pictures are big to me and everyone here, i decided to post some. I'll start with getting it. I went and looked at it first. It was in the barn my grandpa and i built this summer. Oh, the oil in picture 2 is from the guys forklift, the tractor doesnt leak. It has been raining lately so im glad it was under cover. Im not sure when it last ran and the owner bought it from another guy that was the original owner. As you can see in photo 2, the 3 point was off and one link was sset on top of the tranny. I was able to get the 3 point back together. It doesnt have a top link though.:(The tractor does have 1226.2 hours on it.

Attachments

• Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 036.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 036.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 1,071
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 037.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 037.jpg
    962.2 KB · Views: 873
   / Simplicity 9518 rebuild #7  
Neat tractor! For the life of me I cannot understand why some people just start removing parts of the 3pt hitch??? (except for maying adding a BH or something similar). It makes the tractor a lot more "one dimensional" and the likelyhood of the parts getting lost/misplaced are pretty good. That will hurt the value of the tractor should they decide to sell it later on.

Jacob, are you going to do a "full resto" with new paint? Or, are you just going to get it ready to go to work and not have to worry about scratching up a new paint job?? :)

/ Simplicity 9518 rebuild #8  
AH Jacob,...beautiful!! NO,no,. I don't mean the tractor is beautiful unless you look at it as one very beautiful "mess",...as that's what it is!

Don't get me wrong now,...I mean that in a good way. I hope you are taking lots of photos from every possible angle to show the condition when you took delivery of: ~~"The beautiful mess"!!~~

I can't wait for the end result of your interesting restoration, ....someday when it's done.

I hope you have a "power-washer" or access to one because that would be "my" first job,...after a good photo session. A good complete under and over wash and scrub. THEN,...you'll be able to see just what you have got there.

Sad to see how some folk "abuse" equipment, but it makes the restoration interesting and important as well as a fantastic educational instrument. Keep your workplace neat and clean,..important also!!

What a grrrrreat project you have,...good luck!!!

CHEERS!
. . tug

PS: . . .....OH Man,..to be 14 again and have a similar tractor restoration to come home to after school every day!! Guess I'd be paying attention in Auto-Shop and asking many questions.

Well, since my parents are devorced i only get so much time to work on the tractor. I do plan to repaint it and all in the end. Here are pictures of me loading it onto the trailer. and yes it is a beautiful mess indeed.

Attachments

• Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 044.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 044.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 905
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 046.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 046.jpg
    881.7 KB · Views: 1,615
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 047.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 047.jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 753
Here are some more pictures of the tractor waiting to go home. I like the picture of the logo. It was really raining the day I got it. Oh wait, its still raining.:( in fact, the snow level is dropping to 2000 feet this week. Almost there!

Attachments

• Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 048.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 048.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 972
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 051.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 051.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 621
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 054.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 054.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 364
  • Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 052.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 052.jpg