95 Simplicity Coronet Hydro

/ 95 Simplicity Coronet Hydro #1  

Willy21

Tractor
Simplicity Coronet
I recently purchased a 1995 Simplicity Coronet hydro with a 12.5 hp B&S that dropped the intake valve. I have since replaced the valve, spring and retainer and had it running and even used it a few times last fall. The unit has always had a problem starting with the key switch ( which is now new ) I have also replaced the solenoid too because the solenoid was getting power to the coil but it wasn't transferring power to the starter. I have checked the wiring for a good connection, looked for a damaged wire( I found two chaffed wires and have since fixed them both) I also checked all wiring plug connections and found no problems. But since doing this I can no longer jump start the starter from the battery and start it. It cranks all day but no spark, now my question is next to the solenoid there is a part Simplicity calls a module, i'am not sure if this is just a junction point for the wiring or what it really does. All the wires go into this and are encapsulated in silicone what i'am wondering is if this is both of my problems or just one or none. Simplicity wants like $60 for this part and i'am not sure how to tell if it's bad. Just so you know the key switch has always worked to shut the motor off. So far the parts I have replaced are the key switch, the solenoid and the battery. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks Willy21