Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment

/ Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment #1  

Pilgrim64

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 620
Noobie here. Looking for info to adjust the brakes on an allis chalmers 620 (made by Simplicity) hydro with 3 ranges. Just freed the left right pedals to work independently and see some Braking but mainly stop just on the hydraulics. Parking brake is marginal at best. Needed the brakes badly when it popped out of gear on my hill. I'm hoping there is an external adjustment because the machine is running good and I don't want to get into the axle unit unless something breaks.
Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment #2  
Hi Pilgrim Im a new member just on a few weeks (see my post new mem sim ac fan)
I need to do the same with my AC616 that is brake adjustment I have the service manual
and have read up on it guessing since you posted more then a year ago you have adressed
the brakes if so where you successfull and how bad of a battle was it
and if you havnt and need to reference my manual let me know
Ive been dragging my feet (no not literally) just thinking I would be asking for a minor miracle
with a machine about 40 yrs old
Anyway if you have any input thanks Gary in NY

/ Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment #3  
I know in these old machines the seals usually go. The fellas at a club site called michaelstractors will be able to help you.

/ Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment
Michael's tractors has all the manuals on the AC/Simplicity tractors including a manual containing the brake info. It has Onan CCK manuals,too. That site is a great resource.
I have not adjusted mine because I don't have time to tear into the machine.

/ Allis Chalmers 620 (Simplicity) Brake Adjustment #5  
Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractor Club, Inc.
Lots of good info here on the Allis Compacts. Maybe do a search "brakes Allis 720 620 powermax" or something like that.
The powermax is the Simplicity version of the Allis 720.
Edit: One solution I've heard is to lock the brakes then drive a distance to burn the oil off of the linings.