Letter to Simplicity company

/ Letter to Simplicity company #1  

ASEmaster

Tractor
2012 DK 45SE-HST
We took a ferry today from Seattle area to nearest dealer, a True Value Hardware store on Vashon Island, WA. We wanted to look at the Legacy models. We followed the map provided on your website. The directions it gave were entirely wrong which drected us pretty much two miles past the dealer to a residence address. When we called the store to get directions the employee, who by the way was rather un-inviting, informed us they have zero tractors in stock and the only help they could provide was having us look through a book and pick a tractor out to be ordered.
This is not the sentiment your website portrays for a Simplicity dealer. Why would I buy a $9,000 + tractor sight unseen?? I believe the dealer ought hire outwardly inviting/ friendly associates. I believe there should be physical inventory required, or something on the website showing dealer has zero inventory. I think the directions to the store should be correct. All in all a negative shopping experience.
Regards Mark Headley

/ Letter to Simplicity company #2  
I visited the Morgantown WV. dealer with the same results... No Simplicitys in stock... Bummer...

/ Letter to Simplicity company #3  
I knew there was a reason I've never seen the Simplicity machines. I just checked their website and the nearest dealer is more than 165 miles from here.:laughing:

/ Letter to Simplicity company #4  
In general, I find motor-related dealer websites (autos, motorcycles, tractors, mowers) lacking vs. other consumer goods websites. Don't quite understand why. Perhaps the "art of the deal" is a factor.

MoKelly

/ Letter to Simplicity company #5  
I too think that is not acceptable. You should at-least get to check out some inventory and test drive one around the lot. The nearest Simplicity dealer to here is about 50 miles away. I do have 2 simplicity tractors, but i got them used and was able to check them out before i purchased them.

/ Letter to Simplicity company #6  
Lawn mower season is about over for us...We generally have 35 plus units in stock.
But then again I am a guy that stocks over 50 compact tractors, 100 plus trailers, 20 plus zero turn mowers!
AND have over 1/2 million in parts!:confused2:

/ Letter to Simplicity company #7  
Simplicity Dealers are not the only ones not stocking for view a large number of items. Most Tractor and Lawn Mower Sales facilities I have visited recently only have a few of the low end items available for review. "FloorPlan" costs cuts profits, adds to the price of units, etc. Sales today is cut throat. You blink twice and a foreclosure sales will be happening shortly. Dealers are taking steps to try and still be a "Dealership" if and when the economy starts improving. A large New Holland Dealer recently took on "Red" Tractors. Something I don't think would ever have happened years ago. The recent were is it made? and by whom have slowed New Holland sales.

/ Letter to Simplicity company #8  
We took a ferry today from Seattle area to nearest dealer, a True Value Hardware store on Vashon Island, WA. We wanted to look at the Legacy models. ... I believe there should be physical inventory required, or something on the website showing dealer has zero inventory. I think the directions to the store should be correct. All in all a negative shopping experience.
Before setting out, did you phone the store to ask if they had any tractors in stock? Perhaps you don't have a phone. Ok, but you clearly have the internet. Before setting out, did you email the store to ask if they had any tractors in stock?

To me, these seem like pretty simple, basic steps that one might take prior to getting on a ferry to travel to a hardware store which is located on an island with a population of just over 10,000 and having no bridges connecting it to mainland Washington state.

Vashon, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you think that a hardware store, not a tractor dealer per se, on a very rural island was going to inventory a couple of dozen tractors -- one of which they were carrying the financial cost of waiting for you to show up and possibly buy?

wrooster