Simplicity ZTR questions

/ Simplicity ZTR questions #1  

Palomino

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about simplicity ZTR's. I am generally looking at the Champion and the ZT4000 models and I am trying to figure out what the differences are between these two models. Namely I am interested in what the difference is between the suspensions on these two models? Does the Champion have both a rear and front suspension like the ZT4000 I am finding some conflicting info on this. I really like the fact that the simplicity ZTR's have suspensions since I have some issues with my back and am having trouble using my husqvarna garden tractor because I am 6'6" tall and it is really just to small for me.

Also, I have never used a ZTR before and although my land is very flat it is somewhat bumpy in spots although really not terrible. Should I expect the simplicitys with the suspension systems they have to handle this better?

Thanks for any info anyone can share and/or other differences between the two models.

Mike

/ Simplicity ZTR questions #2  
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about simplicity ZTR's. I am generally looking at the Champion and the ZT4000 models and I am trying to figure out what the differences are between these two models. Namely I am interested in what the difference is between the suspensions on these two models? Does the Champion have both a rear and front suspension like the ZT4000 I am finding some conflicting info on this. I really like the fact that the simplicity ZTR's have suspensions since I have some issues with my back and am having trouble using my husqvarna garden tractor because I am 6'6" tall and it is really just to small for me.

Also, I have never used a ZTR before and although my land is very flat it is somewhat bumpy in spots although really not terrible. Should I expect the simplicitys with the suspension systems they have to handle this better?

Thanks for any info anyone can share and/or other differences between the two models.

Mike

The champion on my showroom floor doe have all wheel suspension.
You will still feel some bumps but the ride is 10 times better. The cut is thousands times better!

/ Simplicity ZTR questions #3  
Go to Simplicity's website and click on the specs bar for each and you can compare the basic differences. I have a Champion and Citation, each with the mulching kits.
The 4000 shares a couple items with the more expensive Citation like the fabricated deck and the larger springs on front and back. I do not know if it has the fan cooled pumps like the Citation. Just lift the seat and look.
The 4000 shares a couple things with the Champion like the smaller tires and, I believe, the same engine which would be important to verify for your decision. I think the 4000's fabricated deck is a little smaller than the Champion stamped deck. I do find it is easier to clean the stamped deck vs the fabricated deck. I don't know the price difference you are getting between the Champion and 4000 and that is a tough call as to choice between the two. Do a little more research and sit on them at your dealer, you will enjoy either! Nice cut and ride.
My first choice would be the Citation with the Kawasaki engine which they added as an option...more money but worth it...if you are doing a lot of mowing.