landlord repower

/ landlord repower #1  

landlord

Tractor
simplicity landlord system 7010
Can an 18HP Kohler magnum be put on a simplicity landlord 7010?

/ landlord repower #2  
The 7010 was only powered with single cylinder engines and when Simplicity went to twin cylinder engines they made the front frame 2" longer.
There are re power kits that fit the B&S Vangaurd V-twin engine but trying to fit the Magnum boxer twin would require frame and engine plate modifications, hood reworking and wiring and power shaft mods at the very least. Kohler still sells the updated K341 single cylinder engine, which will bolt down without modification, you can get the flywheel adapter from simplicity for this( allis chalmers 716 part), the exhaust pipe to mate the oe muffler, and a few wiring and key switch changes and thats about it.
The small engine repower places have kits for more horse power and bolt in convienience but unless I was building a competition pulling tractor I would not even bother. Just my 2 cents

/ landlord repower
Thanks I can see it would be tough to make that engine work. Any idia on cost of a replacement?

/ landlord repower #4  
Here;s a link to one of the best kits, it includes all parts needed:

Simplicity 7010 Outdoor Power Equipment Repower from Small Engine Warehouse

I'm sorry, the M16 kohler has been discontinued this march, however search for M16 kohler or K341 Kohler replacement and you will find some. However, most of these are in the $1499. range for just the engine.
If you don't use the front pto the tapered shaft repower kits are great as is, otherwise add $100 to the kit price.
I have no problem with the briggs Vanguard engine, we have a few around here in the yard care busness with 2300 hrs here that are still going strong. If you keep clean oil, clean cooling system and good air filter the vanguard lasts a good long time.
$1600 doesn't buy much in a good garden tractor even in the used market thats why we go this route for the few Simplicity's we have left.

/ landlord repower
Thank for the link but that's quite a but more than I'd like to invest in this tractor I only paid 150 for it

/ landlord repower
All of the components would need to be replaced as it was on its last leg when I bought it.

/ landlord repower #8  
I know thats alot of cash to put up for a machine that you paid $150 for.
Maybe if your lucky try talking to your local Simplicity dealer and ask where they send the machines they take in on trade and end up scrapping. Also visit local junkyards, as these cast iron Briggs and Kohler engines were used on many machines. Try craiglist also, on Wausau WI craiglist there is a 210 Case garden tractor with a good 10 hp Kohler, and he wants $150 for it.
I found a 12 hp cast iron Briggs at the local boneyard, 1 of the aluminum ears was broke off the base plate and thats why it was junked. I paid $20 for it, put in some points and put it in our 2012. You just never know.
Keep searching as you never know-

/ landlord repower
Thanks I hadn't thought about trying a dealer the one in my area actually has an equipment graveyard in the back

/ landlord repower #10  
Maybe this is the wrong forum, but I am installing a vanguard v-twin into my simplicity baron3414s. Does anyone know what wires go to what wires, and where to hook up vacuum for fuel pump?
Thanks