How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #21  
Thanks for sharing this, one of the members here with me at aged home was asking me for this lawn tractor now with your help guys i can better guide him about the reliability of this lawn tractor. Now in current are we have more reliability in these products instead of 90's.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #22  
I bought a simplicity tiller. After 3 or 4 hours the reverse went. My dealer is having a hard time getting parts. I've been waiting 3-4 weeks. I have a great crop of weeds.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #23  
The OP had $1500-$2000 to spend.
Unless it's a 10 year old LAWN Rider, you won't find a Simplicity for that price.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #24  
Simplicity : Now you are talking about a fine tractor. 1 of the best.
In case you didn't know it Snapper is or was the parent company of Simplicity so both brands were exactly the same tractor under the brand labels.
I'm sorry but you have it totally backwards. Simplicity purchased Snapper in 2002 then Briggs and Stratton purchased Simplicity in 2004 . Never was Snapper the parent company of Simplicity.

You can find a nice older Simplicity like the Soveregn in excellent condition for $1000 to $1500 with multiple attachments. Though obsolete, parts are still available through Simplicity and with a little care should last another 15-20 years especially on a small estate like 3/4 acres.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #25  
The OP needs to go up another 1000 dollers to get into a brand new Simplicity, but good used ones can be had for less. I see no problems keeping an older tractor running, try to stay away from the Shuttle shift system, more maintaince intensive to keep adjusted correctly. Shoot for a hydrostatic drive with hyd lift. Atleast Simplicity and Snapper tractors still have a metal hood, unlike those green things. And you definatly cannot get a better cut than with a Simplicity/Allis with a full width roller on the back of the deck. Cheers Mike

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #26  
The Simplicity Sunstars are a great line of garden and lawn mowing tractors.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #27  
Wanted to thank everyone for this thread.

Wife granted permission for me to purchase a lawn tractor this year. Requirements are mowing about two acres of hilly terrain with many obstacles and blowing a 350 ft paved driveway located in central new hampshire. Budget was $4K and I wanted one step above the much maligned k46 hydrostat. I was about to pull the trigger on a JD x320 until I read this thread. Ended up visiting the local simplicity dealer and purchasing a Broadmoor.

Reasons I pulled the trigger on the Broadmoor:

Dealer experience: Simplicity dealer was a local family that has been in business for decades, they offered free drop off and pick up on the tractor and any attachments for the life of the tractor. JD dealer wanted $100 to deliver the new tractor plus $100 for any warranty claims or attachment delivery. Simplicity dealer also threw in the mulching kit and extended the warranty to four years.

Features that pulled me towards the broadmoor: Steel hood, electric PTO adjustment, limited slip rear diff, mesh seat - everyone I know with a deere complains about the vinyl seat, 44'' deck is easier to store and navigate around obstacles - over $1000 savings after rebates and dealer add-ons compared to the deere

The primary advantage of the deere is the quantity of units in the marketplace, mush easier to find used attachments, parts and reviews; also the deere has a 1'' rear axle and kawa engine - it was my feeling however that the hydrostat is likely to be the weak point and need replacement before the axle deflects or the engine fails

Only have about 5 hrs on the machine, sole complaint at this point is the cup holder, a larger and deeper cup holder would help prevent beer spillage on slopes, will stop in with more hours to provide a more thorough review

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #28  
You did a very good pick!! Simplicity is a very reliable lawn tractor, at least for me. I got my Regent new in 2004, and it is still going strong. The Broadmoor is even nicer equipped! Very, very nice!

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #29  
I just traded in my Conquest late last year and bought a Ventrac. The Simplicity is a Quality machine and priced right. Did you get a Blower?

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #30  
I just traded in my Conquest late last year and bought a Ventrac. The Simplicity is a Quality machine and priced right. Did you get a Blower?

Congratulations on the ventrac

Dealer does not carry the blowers in the spring but I plan to add a blower in the fall