How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #1  

canlis

Tractor
Snapper 8hp RER
I will be buying a new lawn tractor to replace my 8hp Snapper RER which is 28 years old and just went bad on me. I guess I should not complain :). My price range is $1500-$2000. My lawn is 3/4 acre and basically flat. Up to this point, I have not considered Simplicity because I didn't know much about them basically. Could you guys talk about the reliability and durability of these products? What suggestions/input can anyone give me on this matter? Has anyone experienced any reliability/durability problems with this brand as a whole? How has anyone found Simplicity manufacturer/retail support in the event of a problem? Does anyone know anything about Columbia lawn tractors? Thanks for your help!

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #2  
I had an Agco Allis 1616H 528+ hours no problems

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #3  
I will be buying a new lawn tractor to replace my 8hp Snapper RER which is 28 years old and just went bad on me. I guess I should not complain :). My price range is $1500-$2000. My lawn is 3/4 acre and basically flat. Up to this point, I have not considered Simplicity because I didn't know much about them basically. Could you guys talk about the reliability and durability of these products? What suggestions/input can anyone give me on this matter? Has anyone experienced any reliability/durability problems with this brand as a whole? How has anyone found Simplicity manufacturer/retail support in the event of a problem? Does anyone know anything about Columbia lawn tractors? Thanks for your help!
Simplicity : Now you are talking about a fine tractor. 1 of the best.
In case you didn't know it Snapper is or was the parent company of Simplicity so both brands were exactly the same tractor under the brand labels.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #4  
I don't think you will find any model Simplicity for 1500.00 to 2000.00 dollars.
They are owned by Briggs and statton. brands are simiplicity,massey ferguson, ago and snapper.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #5  
My 15 year old Broadmoor has 600 hours on it and is still cutting pretty well.

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #6  
I don't think you will find any model Simplicity for 1500.00 to 2000.00 dollars.
They are owned by Briggs and statton. brands are simiplicity,massey ferguson, ago and snapper.

Actually, they brought back the Allis Chalmers brand name back a couple years ago and positioned it at that price point ($1800-$2200). It is essentially a low end Simplicity Regent model without the high end roller deck. I looked at one a couple of months ago at my local Simplicity dealer, but ended up with a used John Deere. Other than being stubborn and not wanting to spend a couple hundred dollars more than I had budgeted, I would have bought the Allis Chalmers.

Here's the website: Allis-Chalmers by Briggs & Stratton
The "new" Allis Chalmers models are sold at Simplicity dealers. Kind of strange seeing that old logo on a brand new mower though!

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #7  
Actually, they brought back the Allis Chalmers brand name back a couple years ago and positioned it at that price point ($1800-$2200). It is essentially a low end Simplicity Regent model without the high end roller deck. I looked at one a couple of months ago at my local Simplicity dealer, but ended up with a used John Deere. Other than being stubborn and not wanting to spend a couple hundred dollars more than I had budgeted, I would have bought the Allis Chalmers.

Here's the website: Allis-Chalmers by Briggs & Stratton
The "new" Allis Chalmers models are sold at Simplicity dealers. Kind of strange seeing that old logo on a brand new mower though!

Well now thats not a Simplicity is it. I bought a 2011 Conquest that I put over a 100 hours in 1 season, If we get snow I expect to do 135 hours a year. Nothing, I mean Nothing cuts like a Simplicity....

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #9  
I own a early 90's model SunStar. The clock stopped at 703 hrs, that was about 1 1/2 years ago. Still going strong:thumbsup:

/ How reliable and durable are Simplicity Lawn tractors? #10  

You forgot Ferris. At a demostration I drove a Simplicity Zero Turn with the independent suspension on each corner and a suspension seat. I then drove a zero turn without the suspension seat or suspension running gear and the ride difference was very noticeable. A Simplicity or Ferris with the suspension system would in my opinion allow for a more smoother ride and less back pain from jarring when mowing fast with a zero turn.