New member Simplicity / AC fan

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan #1  

gaspumpgary

Tractor
Simplicity Conquest 23 hp
Hi Guys
I am a kinda full time DIY woodworker,machinist ,welder type
recently built my own FEL for my Simplicity Conquest 23 hp based off plans from PJ Eng.
Its fully hydraulic 1 joystick 4 rams 4 foot bucket can easily hoist 500 lbs
Had to modify Pauls plans quite a bit as his plans based on older large Cub Cadet
My first experience with hydraulics (must say Paul was VERY HELPFULL as I had a bunch of
questions but nearly everyone remarks "it looks factory" and that I musta bought it
The Conquest is a 2008 model with PS nice tractor

In "sick bay" a mid 90s Simplicity Broadmoor 15 hp hydro

My latest a 1972 or 3 AC 616 of course these where built by Simplicity
I have two 60" mower decks both need work tractor runs well
has both front and rear PTO and 3 pt cat O hitch plans for AC are
blasting "unboltables" and repainting them ( running boards, fenders, hood)
trying very hard to avoid tearing all apart!
But the big plans are to build my own mini backhoe using plans from PJ Eng.
Going to try to get my daughter to post a few photos (thats lightyears past my ability)
The AC has the 16 hp Onan engine starts/runs nicely

Other interests 71 Olds 442..... gas/oil collector pumps cans signs.....woodworking jewelry boxes ect
Looking forward hearing from others with similiar interests
Gary Humphrey
Queensbury, New York
cell 518 812 1107

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    937.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 231
   / New member Simplicity / AC fan #3  
Gary, welcome to the community! Would love to see photos of the Olds and definitely some action shots of that BEAUTIFUL Front End Loader!! How Close is Queensbury to Lake George, NY? My wife and I are vacationing next week and would love to see that thing in action while she is shopping (LOL, women.) Potentially selling it I hope ;)

regards,
Gerald Duckles

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan #4  
Hi Guys
I am a kinda full time DIY woodworker,machinist ,welder type
recently built my own FEL for my Simplicity Conquest 23 hp based off plans from PJ Eng.
Its fully hydraulic 1 joystick 4 rams 4 foot bucket can easily hoist 500 lbs
Had to modify Pauls plans quite a bit as his plans based on older large Cub Cadet
My first experience with hydraulics (must say Paul was VERY HELPFULL as I had a bunch of
questions but nearly everyone remarks "it looks factory" and that I musta bought it
The Conquest is a 2008 model with PS nice tractor

In "sick bay" a mid 90s Simplicity Broadmoor 15 hp hydro

My latest a 1972 or 3 AC 616 of course these where built by Simplicity
I have two 60" mower decks both need work tractor runs well
has both front and rear PTO and 3 pt cat O hitch plans for AC are
blasting "unboltables" and repainting them ( running boards, fenders, hood)
trying very hard to avoid tearing all apart!
But the big plans are to build my own mini backhoe using plans from PJ Eng.
Going to try to get my daughter to post a few photos (thats lightyears past my ability)
The AC has the 16 hp Onan engine starts/runs nicely

Other interests 71 Olds 442..... gas/oil collector pumps cans signs.....woodworking jewelry boxes ect
Looking forward hearing from others with similiar interests
Gary Humphrey
Queensbury, New York
cell 518 812 1107

Welcome to tbn, never thought of putting a FEL on my Conquest how did you run the pump?

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan
Hi Gerald guessing you are an Oldsmobiler too! my daughter does all the camera to computer stuff
thats very much past me but we are gonna try to do a utube thing next weekend with the loader
I can honestly say it works just as good as it looks you are welcome to look me up next week
Im about a mile from exit 18 my cell is 518 798 4214 Im a slow starter in the am but most daysafter say 9 am are fine lets try to set something up a day or two before
no message thing on the cell (thats past me too) you may have to call more then once
Gary

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan
Hi my pump is driven off the front (deck) PTO I have to manualy change the belt from either the mower deck to the FEL hydr pump it takes about 5 minutes to go from one to other yes deck stays on all summer pump and filter under tractor was a tight fit but it works as good as it looks
Gary

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan #8  
Hi my pump is driven off the front (deck) PTO I have to manualy change the belt from either the mower deck to the FEL hydr pump it takes about 5 minutes to go from one to other yes deck stays on all summer pump and filter under tractor was a tight fit but it works as good as it looks
Gary

Awesome, I would never think of doing that. Could you have mounted a Legesey FEL?

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan #9  
Welcome from Oklahoma,

Ken

/ New member Simplicity / AC fan #10  
:welcome: to TBN! I have had several Simplicity and Allis Chalmers lawn/garden tractors over the years. I would love to get a 616 Allis Chalmers some day. Great job on your Loader, it looks very professional and well built. :thumbsup: