Legacy XL-Lift arms stuck in up position after tranny oil change and deck reattached

/ Legacy XL-Lift arms stuck in up position after tranny oil change and deck reattached #1  

tmac196

Silver Member
Tractor
1951 Ford 8N, 1965 Ford 2000, Grasshopper 325D, JD 5065M
2010 Legacy XL. 2WD. Kawasaki motor. 60 inch deck.

Today I changed the transmission oil and replaced the filter the correct Simplicity transmission oil filter. I used 8 quarts of new Type F ATF. It's is difficult to read the transmission dipstick in this machine with clear, fresh ATF, but I believe the reservoir to be full (manual says capacity is 7.3-8.4 quarts).

I ran the mower around for a few minutes and noted that the lift arms were actuating up and down before I reattached the deck. I subsequently reinstalled the deck and now the lift arms are stuck in the "up" position. I can hear the hydraulic lift cylinder whine as I push and pull the Attachment Lift Control Lever, but no downward movement of the lift arms ensues and the mower deck remains suspended in the up position.

Any suggestions to solve this problem will be most appreciated.

tmac

/ Legacy XL-Lift arms stuck in up position after tranny oil change and deck reattached
Problem solved.

I must have inadverdantly actuated the Front/Rear Hydraulics Selector on the left fender. Once I set the selector switch to "Rear" the lift arms began to function again.

tmac