Simplicity Legacy - pull engine to pull starter?

/ Simplicity Legacy - pull engine to pull starter? #1  

jdgreg

Gold Member
I need to replace the starter on my Kohler 25hp powered Simplicity Legacy. The bottom bolt is partially blocked by the frame rail so that nothing is able to get to it. Any alternates other than loosening engine bolts and propping up enough to get to it?

/ Simplicity Legacy - pull engine to pull starter? #2  
Don't know how old a tractor you are talking about , my Dads is like 60's or 70's , but my brother and me had to take hood off , pull engine , seat , dash , drive shaft at engine and transmission , and basically split tractor in 2 just to change the transmission . My Dad is hard hearing and did not notice the vibration as the front plastic coupler broke while tilling . Wobbled out the chassis were the drive shaft passes through to the transmission and screwed up the transmission gears . Found a replacement on ebay and new coupler parts on Parts Tree and it is back in business . Still beats the CR** out of you driving it , but it still tills his garden .

Although it may sound like a pain doing what you described , Sometimes it is just easier to do it than to fight trying to get at it another way .

Fred H.