Legacy xl runs VERY Hot!!

/ Legacy xl runs VERY Hot!! #1  

bebop86

Bronze Member
Used the tractor to mow some high grass yesterday for a few hours- Today upon start up the engine is running VERY HOT!!- I shut it off- checked everywhere for clogging nothing found- What would caused the engine 25 hp?? Kohler to run so hot and what should I look for thanks so much!! Actually the unit is the Massy 2925 which is the same as the Legacy -it is about 7=8 years okd and always maintained-- thanks again

/ Legacy xl runs VERY Hot!! #2  
Used the tractor to mow some high grass yesterday for a few hours- Today upon start up the engine is running VERY HOT!!- I shut it off- checked everywhere for clogging nothing found- What would caused the engine 25 hp?? Kohler to run so hot and what should I look for thanks so much!! Actually the unit is the Massy 2925 which is the same as the Legacy -it is about 7=8 years okd and always maintained-- thanks again

Did you ever find out what is causing this. I have a 2003 2925 and it started running hot this summer. Cannot figure out the cause.

/ Legacy xl runs VERY Hot!! #3  
Did either of you figure this out? My '03 2925 is running hot now for a couple of years. Now it is shutting down when it gets hot and will not start until it cools for about an hour. I think this new problem might be the ignition modules. I did check for vacum in the fuel tank and it still would not start after opening the cap.

/ Legacy xl runs VERY Hot!! #4  
Mouse nest in the cooling fins under the engine cowling?