Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab

/ Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab #1  

ddonnell

Silver Member
I found a Simplicity 46" snowblower on ebay that welded up to work with my loader. Thought I'd show some pics. The idea was to have the blower work with the loader and my "quick connects" so I could avoid all the sub frame stuff and still have the loader available when needed for bucket, forks, etc.

Once I ran the snowblower, the rest is history...a cab.

The cab is not pretty, but it comes off in five pieces that will stack against a wall instead of a cage that takes a corner of a shop. It's still Carharts, but the wind is off and it is comfortable. And the only holes I drilled into the Legacy XL were for snaps. I have 900 hrs on this beast. Best tractor I could've had. Green or the other orange!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab #2  
Is that the Popemobile?

/ Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab #3  
Is there any gear box to reduce RPM from mid pto? thx

I found a Simplicity 46" snowblower on ebay that welded up to work with my loader. Thought I'd show some pics. The idea was to have the blower work with the loader and my "quick connects" so I could avoid all the sub frame stuff and still have the loader available when needed for bucket, forks, etc.

Once I ran the snowblower, the rest is history...a cab.

The cab is not pretty, but it comes off in five pieces that will stack against a wall instead of a cage that takes a corner of a shop. It's still Carharts, but the wind is off and it is comfortable. And the only holes I drilled into the Legacy XL were for snaps. I have 900 hrs on this beast. Best tractor I could've had. Green or the other orange!!

View attachment 364137View attachment 364138View attachment 364139View attachment 364140View attachment 364141View attachment 364142View attachment 364146View attachment 364147

/ Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab #4  
Awesome project, I've got the front blower now and this blizzard we are getting hit with in NE has me wanting a cab!

Looks like the reduction gearbox is right on the blower, pretty common setup I think.

/ Loader snowblower and obligatory snow cab #5  
Because i have a rear snowblower and want to install it on the front end loader like you...I'll need a speed reducer. And all the pto stuff to link it with the snowblower you made it or it came with the snowblower? thx in advance