Legacy Being Discontinued?

/ Legacy Being Discontinued? #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
I am putting serious thought to replacing my 20+ year old Sunstar. It needs some major work at the moment and I really don't want to have to spend the money for the repair knowing that I'll probably have to replace the thing in the next few years anyway.

I called my local Simplicity dealer to get the scoop on a new Legacy. Come to find out they have been discontinued and are very difficult to find. Apparently if they will be able to find one it will be with the Kawasaki engine and 4WD (extra money of course). Dealer said the replacement isn't coming out until August and they haven't been told any details yet.

Too bad, I was ready to give my cash to Simplicity, now it looks like JD will get it.

/ Legacy Being Discontinued? #2  
I am putting serious thought to replacing my 20+ year old Sunstar. It needs some major work at the moment and I really don't want to have to spend the money for the repair knowing that I'll probably have to replace the thing in the next few years anyway.

I called my local Simplicity dealer to get the scoop on a new Legacy. Come to find out they have been discontinued and are very difficult to find. Apparently if they will be able to find one it will be with the Kawasaki engine and 4WD (extra money of course). Dealer said the replacement isn't coming out until August and they haven't been told any details yet.

Too bad, I was ready to give my cash to Simplicity, now it looks like JD will get it.

There has to be some out there.Local dealer 10 mi north has one,and the other dealer 30 mi south has one also.

/ Legacy Being Discontinued?
In the last couple of days I have found out a little more. The factory is out of stock, what is out at the dealerships is it. I guess it all depends where you are located. After a few days of looking they did locate one in Wooster, which is about an hour or so west of me. I declined as I had already committed myself to a different brand after the initial search.

Edit to add: I may have sounded slightly peturbed in the first post. I had always assumed that I would be replacing my Simplicity with another Simplicity and it threw me for a loop when the dealer said "there ain't no more". I don't want to come across as knocking Simplicity. My Sunstar was a great tractor and will make someone else a great tractor when I sell it.

/ Legacy Being Discontinued? #4  
Dealer said the replacement isn't coming out until August and they haven't been told any details yet.

Well, now it's October and still nothing on the Simplicity web site about anything more than the Legacy XL... What's the story?

FWIW, saw a 4WD XL at one dealer today, and two others at a different dealer.

/ Legacy Being Discontinued? #5  
We have a 4wd diesel with 61"mid mount mower and FEL on it at the dealership where I work. What I am hearing is the reboot on the Legacy XL has been pushed back another year. Simplicity knows that Kubota is kicking thier arse in sales and are looking for ways to get the Legacy more inline with the compitition in the price dept. The current Legacy is much more capable than the Sunstar, which is a GT, whereas the Legacy is a SCUT. Cheers Mike

/ Legacy Being Discontinued? #6  
We have a 4wd diesel with 61"mid mount mower and FEL on it at the dealership where I work. What I am hearing is the reboot on the Legacy XL has been pushed back another year. Simplicity knows that Kubota is kicking thier arse in sales and are looking for ways to get the Legacy more inline with the competition in the price dept. The current Legacy is much more capable than the Sunstar, which is a GT, whereas the Legacy is a SCUT. Cheers Mike

The leagacy xl with diesel, FEL and deck is expensive.. $15-16k i believe plus tax.. for another 2k, you're already into small sub compacts from deere, and in the last 5 years, deere and several others have released a slew of units between a deere 2320 and the legacy xl... These were the two i compared back in 06 when i got ours.. I really wanted the Legacy XL, not a deere 700 series "which arn't bad either".

They actually are the same price if not a hair more expensive loaded up than the legacy xl. Deere has their 1000 series like 1024R or something and are about 16k without a mower deck i believe.

I would never consider the kubota, i just feel that they should be priced less than they are, not that they're a bad machine in the end either.

Simplicity would do well making something a hair bigger than a legacy xl too, maybe with the turbo version of the engine or something with bigger tires and a real tractor frame etc.

So much junk out there, its a niche market now a days.

I love the little loader, i have to admit, in late 2012, i had to remove the rear seat for a fuel issue i had dropped something in the diesel tank accidentally and it kept getting stuck in the pipe inlet and stalling the engine. I "shim" modded the pressure relief and it works 100x better than factory, lifts up more, doesn't stall the hydraulics for the loader and goes faster with weight in the bucket. I love this little machine.

I also use 2010-2014 John Deere skid steers and track loaders 319D, 320D, 323D, 329D, 329E & 332D including an 09 Deere 4720 cab tractor too. They all have their purpose but for anything not major, im on the little simplicity. We are having a barely used 2013 Deere 524k 3 yard bucket front end loader delivered next week to start off snow season. The simplicity would have a hard time lifting up one wheel/tire on this 146hp 6.8L diesel machine. I'm pumped to use it in the first snow storm! That said, i'd have just as much fun on the legacy xl moving snow, loading dirt, dragging stuff around, mowing in the fall with the mower and bagger kit. It sips fuel compared to anything else out there.