2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #1  

SimpleAlex

Tractor
Simplicity Broadmoor
Hi,

I recently installed the 1694148 attachment lift kit on my tractor so I can use a 1691522 snowthrower.

My question is, in the down position, should the lift arm be locked in place, or floating with down pressure from the lift arm spring?

When I originally installed it, I think it was locking in the down position. After fussing with to adjust the lift height and downward pressure, it is not. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, didn't notice it was not locking in place before, or something else.

From a logical standpoint, it doesn't seem liek it should be locked in the down position since I could hit a bump or crack and really jar the whole rig, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks.

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #2  
Hi,

I recently installed the 1694148 attachment lift kit on my tractor so I can use a 1691522 snowthrower.

My question is, in the down position, should the lift arm be locked in place, or floating with down pressure from the lift arm spring?

When I originally installed it, I think it was locking in the down position. After fussing with to adjust the lift height and downward pressure, it is not. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, didn't notice it was not locking in place before, or something else.

From a logical standpoint, it doesn't seem liek it should be locked in the down position since I could hit a bump or crack and really jar the whole rig, but I'm just not sure.

Thanks.

Did you change the settings on the cam from mower deck to snowblower?

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit
Yes - the cam is in the correct position for the blower.

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #4  
that blower weight should be the only thing you need to hold it down. the spring is supposed to help you bring it up. You push in the button to bring it up so yes it locks in position at some point. Do you have the instructions for it?

I'm wondering if the lock nut on the lift arm, at the top, needs to be adjusted. The manual doesn't mention anything about it, but that looks like it would put some more tension on the spring.

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #6  
I'm wondering if the lock nut on the lift arm, at the top, needs to be adjusted. The manual doesn't mention anything about it, but that looks like it would put some more tension on the spring.

I think you are right on that tension. I sold mine 2 years ago. Do you need chains or weights?

I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Do you have wheel weights or suitcase?

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #8  
Wheel weights.

Cool. I might want the chains too.

Let me know what you need for the weights and chains?

/ 2003 Broadmoor attachment lift kit #10  
Cool. I might want the chains too.

Let me know what you need for the weights and chains?

Make me an offer and don't forget shipping charges. The weights are at least 55 lbs each.