47" 2 Stage Snowblower from Legacy XL fit Legacy Model?

/ 47" 2 Stage Snowblower from Legacy XL fit Legacy Model? #1  

Venturabass

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310SE
So I've been looking around for an older Simplicity Legacy for the purpose of mowing and snowblowing on my property. I came across a 1998 Simplicity Legacy with the 25hp Kohler Command, 60" deck, and rear wheel weights. Under 600 hours and only $2,000. Seems like a really great deal. I've spoken to the seller and he tells me everything is tight and it operates very well. The paint is faded which isn't a huge deal to me (and a coat of wax might help). He tells me that it really doesn't have any rust except a couple small spots where paint has flaked off.

So he gave me the model and serial number and now I'm trying to determine if the current 47" 2 stage snowblower that Simplicity sells for the Legacy XL will fit this older Legacy. My local dealer told me the blower most likely will but the subframe will not, and they do not make the specific subframe any more.

Has anyone else ran into this issue with trying to acquire a Simplicity 47" 2 stage snowblower for an older Simplicity Legacy (not XL) garden tractor? Can it be done? I'd love to buy this tractor but will not do it if I can't fit a blower.