Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :(

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #1  

gogojuice

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
I have a Simplicity Regent.

When I turn the yellow safety switch to keep the mower blades engaged when reversing it turns itself off. I have no idea where I should be looking or why this is happening.

It seems to do this more when I am going up and down hills. Not so much on straight and level ground.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #2  
So it stops running as soon as the yellow safety switch is turned, before reversing?

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #3  
What is "it"
The engine or the blades?

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #4  
I have the same rider. The switch has a light and allows you to mow in reverse.

Apparently his switch activates then immediately or at some point deactivated so when he goes to reverse (which with hydro is quick and easy) the mower engine starts to shut down. It's very annoying.

I'd start by removing the switch and seeing if it's dusty. It's a momentary switch so it's contact on/contact off. Could just be dirty.

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :(
Joe..

You nailed it and explained it better lol. I'll see if that helps. Mine isn't so much as a switch as it is like a key that you just turn to activate the red light though.

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #6  
Joe..

You nailed it and explained it better lol. I'll see if that helps. Mine isn't so much as a switch as it is like a key that you just turn to activate the red light though.
Exactly. It's yellow too, because WATCH OUT!!! BLADES!!

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #7  
i have to 2015 Prestige, It is a resistorized momentary Switch activated by the yellow key, it is then deactivated when you turn off the PTO/ blades. I am pretty sure you will find the problem with a weak momentary switch, or with the PTO circuit. if the blades tend to cut out then they come back on by themselves the momentary yellow key switch would be normally turned off from that occurrence. in that case i would suspect a grounding issue, loose black wire maybe.

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :(
So....

I have tried multiple times to get it to stay on.. it just won't. I can't see any wires loose. I took the back off and put it back on, but it didn't make any difference.

Leroy has explained it perfectly.

Should I look for a new switch or could there be a grounding or loose wire somewhere other than at the dashboard?

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #9  
You have at least two options, take it to a repair shop that knows how to troubleshoot electric circuits or buy a digital multimeter and learn how to do it yourself: Multimeter Tutorial

/ Simplicity Regent. Reverse switch deactivates itself Don't know how to fix it :( #10  
Ancient history I know but I was wondering how you fixed it. My own thought is to hot wire or otherwise disable the thing entirely like I did the seat safety within an hour of buying it. A lot of this suffering goes beyond the definition of useless and annoying.