Prestige 52 vs Conquest 52

/ Prestige 52 vs Conquest 52 #1  

KWRB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 4610
I am going to buy a new lawn/garden tractor and at the suggestion of some on here, I'm taking a look at Simplicity. Today I went and visited a new-to-me dealer that sells Simplicity as well as Cub Cadet and Ariens. I was able to get what I think is honest Cub vs Simplicity opinions from fellows who don't stand to lose if I pick one over the other. The comparison between brands was interesting, and maybe I'll share that in another post, but what's interesting here is that I went in with the expectation that I'd be in the market for a Prestige, and possibly a Prestige 4WD, and I think I may have come out on the other side a fan of the Conquest...

So for starters, they didn't have a Prestige at the store (which is pretty large), but they had several Conquests. Initially I figured that it's a premium tractor compared to the others and so they don't move a lot of them and hence, less inventory. I looked at the Conquests since I was heretofore totally unaware of Simplicity -even though we had them when I was a kid. Turn out they're quite nice machines. To boot, I found out that since Briggs bought them, they're making them in Munnsville, NY, not far from me. I only buy domestic if I can help it, and I love the notion of buying a locally made product.

When we ended our visit, I came away with sticker prices on all the Conquest 52 and Prestige 52 (both have the fabricated deck I favor), and I can't think of why I'd go with a Prestige over the Conquest, for the price. Tell me if my logic doesn't hold up...

Conquest 52 vs Prestige 52
Conquest 52Prestige 52
Engine HP2527
Max Fwd Spd7.28.7
Max Rev Spd5.03.0
Lift Mech.Man w/ assistHydr.
Sticker Price$6,700$8,000

Every other dimension is identical.
Can anyone who owns either of these and chime in on that the $1,300 is worth the difference?

Thanks All!

Kurt

/ Prestige 52 vs Conquest 52 #2  
Prestige 52 comes with a Tuff Torq K 72 transaxle while the Conquest 52 comes with the Tuff Torq K 66 Transaxle...that difference plus those you noted ...27HP vs 25HP and hydraulic lift vs manual likely make up the $1,300 difference. If I planned on using ground engaging implement off back of tractor I would probably pay the $1,300 extra...otherwise just personal preference. Both sb pretty great garden tractors. TMR

P.S. I currently am shopping a John Deere X590...which has fuel injection and the K 72 transaxle...runs just over $7K...and is Green :) May also shop Simplicity. TMR

/ Prestige 52 vs Conquest 52 #3  
If I were spending that much money for a new tractor,it would have power steering,period.