Landlord series electric deck lift issues

/ Landlord series electric deck lift issues #1  

ollie2009

I just bought an older Simplicity Landlord series mfg number 1692788, and the Thompson Saginaw electric lift is not working. The motor runs, but the lift won't work. When it tries I can hear it "click...click...click". I took it apart and found that the driven gear for the screw actuator seems to be the issue. When I took it off, the underside of this non metallic gear has a steel plate with a "three finger" cut out in it. This cut out meshes with a raised "three finger" raised metal portion connecting to the ball screw. It looks like the metal portion of the gear is worn.
I would like to replace just this gear assembly, but cannot find any info on a part number even where I can source something like this. The unit was made by Thompson Saginaw, but when I tried there web site I could find nothing. The only thing I could find was a used complete unit on eBay, but they wanted $300 for it, plus shipping to Ontario. Way too much when you're dealing with used and you don't know what kind of shape it's in.
Can anybody help out here. I'd greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks