Simplicity Legacy XL

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You are 100% right about the ROPS. I know better than that, and I need to get one for the tractor. Thinking either it wont happen or if it does I'll just jump off is very poor logic. )</font>
============
We may have different views on the Legacy XL but the important thing is be safe with what ever tractor we have.
I sure wouldn't want to see anybody get hurt with anything they're using.
Another thing I couldn't see in that picture is any ballast on the rear of your Simplicity.
Did you have anything on it while filling in the pit?
I wouldn't think of using the FEL on my BX23 without some kind of a counter weight on the back end of the tractor.
Even with a 600 pound back hoe on my bx I can feel it rock the tractor when loading the FEL and hauling a load.
If you didn't have any extra weight on the back of the Legacy in that picture all you would have to have done is run the rear wheels up on a high spot of dirt or something and you could have found yourself laying in the bottom of that pit with the tractor upside down on top of you.

Go slow and low with the FEL

Happy and safe tractoring.
Have fun with your new toy but don't leave the wrong Legacy.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...unless I'm missing something. Matter of personal preference. If only a matter of semantics, why argue over it? In the scheme of things, it doesn't mean a hill of beans.

LBrown59, you seem to be pretty loyal to Kubota, which is fine. Just not sure why you are making the arguments about the Legacy XL. I haven't even received mine yet, and here I am in the middle of a conversation about it .
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Kent & Phoenix,

Take his posts with a grain of salt (if you can figure out how to read them... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif). He finally found a tractor that "may" (in certain respects) be slightly smaller than his BX. Take his posts as chest pounding or whatever.

From the project list(s) you've mentioned, the Legacy should be a great tractor for you. As for the ROPS, yes... either get one or exercise appropriate caution when operating. Many tractors over the years had FEL's without ROPS.

Enjoy your new tractors!!!

Brian

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #33  
Randy,

That's pretty impressive. It just goes to show how a little hydraulics can goe a long way. That soil though, doesn't look anything like we have in CT. A toothbar is almost de rigueur here. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #34  
[quote Take his posts as chest pounding or whatever.Brian )</font>
============
This is a false assumption. Yer reading something into what I said that isn't there.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #35  
I do not have a bcakhoe, I did it all with the FEL. I've seen pics on this forum of some pulled stumps. With the exception of the one I'm working on now, I had no such killers, as they were dead for some time. Even so, one was about 36" in diameter. For the killer I have now, I have a friend who is renting a bobcat - we will use that to finish this one off before we do work on his yard. For his yard, he will be excavating with the cat, and i will be moving the pile.

Simplicity's literature calls it a garden tractor, a subcompact, a subcompact garden tractor, and "a tractor in a class by itself", among others. So, again, call it what you like. I'm not concerned with what name anyone attaches to it. I was first looking at the Massey, i believe GC2300. That was a sweet machine, but I decided it was too big, plus I thought the design of the Simplicity mower was superior. I didn't pick Kubota because I want to buy from an American company. Please don't criticize my buy-American choice, I know there are foreign components, in mine and the Kub is assembled here, and all the other geopolitical reasons one can give as to why it dosen't matter, but it matters to me. When I statred looking, the JD I was interested in was made by Yanmar, so that was out. I know the Kubotas are great machines; I see pics of what they can do. I also know that the Legacy XL is a great machine, I see with my own eyes what it can do. If I wanted to go bigger, I would have went with the Massey. It's good to have choices...

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I was first looking at the Massey, i believe GC2300. That was a sweet machine, but I decided it was too big, plus I thought the design of the Simplicity mower was superior.
)</font>

I looked at a Legacy XL side by side with a GC2300 and in no way did the 2300 look bigger, beefier, or whatever compared to the Legacy. I would also bet the GC2300 deck is sourced from Simplicity since the M-F branded garden, yard, and lawn tractors are rebadged Prestiges, Conquests, Broadmoors, and Regents respecitvely. The only thing keeping the Legacy Xl competitive with the the Kubota and M-F sub compacts is the price of it's backhoe, which is nearly twice that of competitors.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #37  
<font color="blue"> I'd say they know it doesn't truly compare with a Subcompact so they're not going to call it one and get caught up in a misleading advertising claim. </font>
More likely, they don't want to have to be required to comply with the additional safety regulations that come with classifying it as a subcompact tractor. The issue should be is the tractor equipped to meet the person's requirements, not what it's called.

However, any tractor with a FEL should not only have a ROPS, but also a seatbelt.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #38  
<font color="blue">I would also bet the GC2300 deck is sourced from Simplicity </font>
The deck is sourced from Iseki as the tractor is.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #39  
<font color="brown"> I can go 3 miles to my local Kubota dealer and get a new Kubota with a FEL and MMM for less than $10000.
If I want to beat that deal by $450 I can go to another dealer 45 miles away. </font>
<font color="blue"> 1*Huh? Which model?
2* According to your signature line, your BX minus the BH is $11,700. )</font>
========= </font>

<font color="black">1*The Marietta Kubota dealer has new BX 1500s with a 48'' mmm for $7750. The FEL is $2200 extra for a total of $9950.
If I want to drive about 45 miles from here to the Athens Oh dealer I can get this tractor and mower for $ 7299.I don't know the Athens dealers price on the FEL but $2200 would put his tractor at $9499.
Either one of these dealers has beaten the $10000 price on a used tractor with a new tractor for less.
2*I didn't get into the BX2230 or BX23 prices because the poster said it was more tractor than he needed,but just for the fun of it the Marietta Kubota dealer has new BX2230s with a 54'' mmm for $9699 or you can add the FEL for $2300 at a total of $11999.
$11999 isn't to far off from the $11700 I paid considering todays market.

</font>

/ Simplicity Legacy XL
You must live in a great area. Try finding those prices on the East Coast, NJ in particular. Won't happen, 'cause I tried.