Simplicity Legacy XL

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #1  

Phoenix1

Tractor
Simplicity Legacy XL
Looking at a used (150 hours) tractor. It is 27HP diesel. 60" deck with FEL and 3-pt hitch. Wonder what the general thoughts are on this unit are. Really more tractor than I need but want the FEL and these seem to be about as small as you can go. Have looked at Kubota, New Holland and JD. This one definitely will save a considerable amount of money. BTW, it's from a dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Looking at a used (150 hours) tractor. It is 27HP diesel. 60" deck with FEL and 3-pt hitch. Wonder what the general thoughts are on this unit are. Really more tractor than I need but want the FEL and these seem to be about as small as you can go. Have looked at Kubota, New Holland and JD. This one definitely will save a considerable amount of money. BTW, it's from a dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<font color="blue"> 1*Looking at a used (150 hours) tractor.
2*Really more tractor than I need
3*Have looked at Kubota, New Holland and JD.
4*it's from a dealer
5* thoughts on this unit.
=============== </font>

1*How old is it? What is the asking price?
2*We don't know what you need, what you plan to use it for or what you intend to use it on. <font color="red">You Didn't Complete Filling Out Your Profile. </font> <font color="green">Perhaps we could better advise you if you'd finish the profile. </font>
3*Looked at what Kind of Kubota, New Holland and JD? Were they lawn tractors, garden tractors, sub-compacts or compacts??
4*Dealer selling what brand?
5*When I bought my BX23 as listed below I had priced out the Simplicity Legacy XL at $20500 equipped the same way as my BX23.
No way was I going to pay $5000 more for a garden tractor when I could step up to a Sub-Compact for $5000 less than the price of that garden tractor.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL
Looking more at the brand than anything I guess. It is a 2004 model I think. With only 150 hours darn near new. Not a scratch on it. Besides the deck and FEL are brand new. Whole package for $10K which is $5K below the local dealer's.

Looked at BX 2200, JD Boomer series, JD X595. All of them are in the $15K range.

Really getting this for FEL. Will use to move mulch, topsoil, snow + some general landscape stuff. Getting too old for the wheelbarrow and shovel.

Tractor is really more than I need as only cut a little over an acre. Have 16HP now which is big enough for cutting but that's all it can do. (no attachments).

I know there are alternative Mfg to look at but this seems like a very good deal, assuming Simplicity is favorable.

Thanks

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #4  
1*Whole package for $10K which is $5K below the local dealer's.
2*Looked at BX 2200, JD Boomer series, JD X595. All of them are in the $15K range.
3*Really getting this for FEL. Will use to move mulch, topsoil, snow + some general landscape stuff.
4*Tractor is really more than I need as only cut a little over an acre.
5*Have 16HP now which is big enough for cutting but that's all it can do. (no attachments).
6*I know there are alternative Mfg to look at but this seems like a very good deal, assuming Simplicity is favorable.

````````````` <font color="blue"> `````````` </font> `````````````````
1*5000 bucks below his what? Another thing to consider is the finance cost on used can trip used up above new prices.
2*You're comparing apples with oranges this way.
The BX is a sub-compact, JD x595 is a luxury garden tractor.
3*Never got more than an inch or 2 Of snow last winter so never got to see how the FEL would do in snow.
4*If you have work to do with a FEL It's not more tractor than you need.
5*This is why the Simplicity isn't more than you need.
6* Simplicity is a good product but is it the most favorable way to meet your Needs/Wants?

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #5  
Sounds like a great deal to me. I've been looking at a new one and have become impressed with the tractor. I especially like the tight turning radius (28" to 32" vs. 7' for most of the sub-cuts) and the control panel location of the hydraulic joystick. In addition, the Daihatsu diesel motor is an excellent motor. The automatically controlled traction system is great if the tractor is not 4WD.

However, probably the best feature of the Simplicity tractors is their MMM. Their mid-mount mower is second to none in cutting quality. I have a 1974 Allis Chalmers 620 tractor manufactured by Simplicity with a 60" MMM. When I want my lawn cut to perfection, that's the mower I use.

Again, sounds like a good deal to me. If the tractor is 4WD, buy it for sure.

Good luck!

OrangeGuy

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like a great deal to me. I've been looking at a

Good luck!

OrangeGuy )</font>
1*That's not surprising most all lawn tractors and garden tractors have a smaller turning radius than the Sub-cuts and compacts.
2*There is no hint in any of the brochures and literature I have of a Daihatsu motor being available in the Simplicity.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
1*That's not surprising most all lawn tractors and garden tractors have a smaller turning radius than the Sub-cuts and compacts.
2*There is no hint in any of the brochures and literature I have of a Daihatsu motor being available in the Simplicity. )</font>

1. But it is a sub-cut... it has 4WD, a Cat 1 3PT, rear 540 PTO and can take a backhoe quite similar to your BX. Check the attachments available on the page below.

2. To see the Daihatsu engine availability, check the product specifications/list prices by model link on this page:

Simplicity Site -- Legacy Page

It's quite comparable to the BX series, it just has a smaller turning radius and mows better... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like a great deal to me. I've been looking at a new one and have become impressed with the tractor. I especially like the tight turning radius (28" to 32" vs. 7' for most of the sub-cuts) and the control panel location of the hydraulic joystick. In addition, the Daihatsu diesel motor is an excellent motor. The automatically controlled traction system is great if the tractor is not 4WD.

However, probably the best feature of the Simplicity tractors is their MMM. Their mid-mount mower is second to none in cutting quality. I have a 1974 Allis Chalmers 620 tractor manufactured by Simplicity with a 60" MMM. When I want my lawn cut to perfection, that's the mower I use.

Good luck!

OrangeGuy )</font>
==============
I can go 3 miles to my local Kubota dealer and get a new Kubota with a FEL and MMM for less than $10000.
If I want to beat that deal by $450 I can go to another dealer 45 miles away.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I especially like the tight turning radius (28" to 32" vs. 7' for most of the sub-cuts) )</font>

The BX is 32 or 36" uncut if I recall?

I traded one of these on a BX one time. I don't knock too many tractors, but this was one that I really did not understand. It costs about the same as other subcompacts but its a garden tractor. The loader did not come on and off nicly, you had to remove a grill guard to open the hood. The valves and pumps where engineered the same way tractors from 20 years ago where done. I traded that one in for $5000 with a loader and mower.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can go 3 miles to my local Kubota dealer and get a new Kubota with a FEL and MMM for less than $10000.
If I want to beat that deal by $450 I can go to another dealer 45 miles away. )</font>

Huh? Which model? According to your signature line, your BX minus the BH is $11,700.