Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 compact cost attachments?

/ Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 compact cost attachments? #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
well ive been looking into a tractor for landscaping, back and forth of what i need/dont need what i want or would like to get.

I know i like the 3720 JD mid sized but its $22k list plus attachments. for not much more i can get a 4520 larger model with a JD deisel motor! anyway, for this 2006 year at least i could use something cheaper. so im sticking with the fact Simplicity offers the 36mo financing at 0% and have $800 off legacy tractors.

I need a deisel 4x4 Legacy XL with the "agressive" tires, not the bar type though.
Rear tiller 50" i think it is or any 3 point hitch tiller, how much is the simplicity one?

front Simplicity loader with bucket and all

A post hole digger, put it this way i NEED to dig 24" wide holes sometimes, its a HUGE auger, ill go slow on the machine since they recommend 20-70pto hp and im only around eh 20? with a 27hp motor?

Can i use any 3 pnt hitch digger?

I may even get a 60" deck for this thing for backup for lawns in the summer or if i have more help on larger lawns but thats later. Where can i find prices? my dealer is slow at getting accurate "market" prices for the attachments.

If JD has a 1600lb lifting 73" bucket loader, a 300cx model for $3200ish after any discount, is the simplicity one like 1500 or is it still a fortune even though its a much smaller 500lb loader?

/ Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 compact cost attachments? #2  
As much as I like the Simplicity Legacy tractor, I think for a landscape company you would be much better off getting something a little larger. The Legacy attachments are not cheap. The loader is around 3k I believe. This machine is ideal for a Small hobby farm or large estate and will last a long time. However, as far as bucket lift etc, it is about as small as they come. The tractor itself is on the light side. It's a very comfortable tractor, but you give up capabilities. I would look at something like a New Holland tc 26 or something if you are wanting something samller than the Deere 3520. They are offering good financing on these as well. I believe I saw a 60 month 0% financing (maybe it was 36 months, not sure). You'll just get alot more loader capability from a machine like this.

Not nocking the Simplicity though. It is a great machine, and for a homeowner or small hobby farm would make an excellent step up to a Sub Cut class machine where mowing would still be a primary chore.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 compact cost attachments? #3  
For the tasks you're listing I would consider something different. The Legacy is a great machine if ground engagement is your secondary mission. It's loader capacity is 500 lbs. and it's a Limited Cat 1 hitch, so it will lack some lifting capacity.

What I suggest is to look at a power-trac (www.power-trac.com). These machines are 4wd articulated tractors that are fully hydraulic. Their attachements are specific to their machines but they are competitively priced. For what you describe I would consider at least a PT 425, with a PT 1430 being a more comfortable choice for the tasks you list. Base machine prices are, IIRC, 10K and 16K respectively, plus attachments. Their capabilities meet or exceed comparably priced CUTs.

Head over to the power trac forum and ask a few questions. You'll find many happy owners.