Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)?

/ Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)? #1  

war_eagle

Lots of info out there about other brands - JD vs. Craftsman, or CC or whatever. I've seen nothing about Snapper LTs compared to other brands. Anybody have an opinion? They seem a little pricey for what the spec sheet says you get, but other than that are they good tractors? I'm looking for a good light duty LT that will last a lifetime, so I'd like to know if they live up to the Snapper reputation. However to repeat, I'm not asking about the rear engine rider, rather the lawn tractors Snapper also makes.

/ Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)? #2  
The Snapper LT is a nice a little lawn tractor for the price. It's not the cadillac of lawn tractors but it's not the dodge either. For the money, I think you get a good value. Good Luck. Another nice thing is that they are built with a life span of more than 2 years. Only being sold at local dealers, you can buy parts and have service done on your unit by someone who has ANSWERS to your questions.

/ Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)? #3  
Snapper is now owned by Simplicity, who in turn is now owned by Briggs and Stratten. Just so you know.

/ Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)? #4  
snapper is still building lawn mowers in the same factory they have been in for more than 20 years. they take great care in quality control and still produce a fine product. I read an article not too long ago about how their ceo had a meeting with walmart about selling Snappers in walmart, basically he said no way, he didn't want to screw up the reputation...

/ Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)? #5  
I haven't run one made since 2000, but do use a little Snapper lawn tractor that's roughly 10 years old at a customer's house. The tractor itself runs great, has a 14.5 HP Briggs, and a hydro tranny, and tight steering. Thw mower deck isn't the best I've ever seen. It cuts ok, but not great, and my main complaint is the deck drive slips a lot, even in moderately high grass. New belt and sharp blades didn't help. I removed the bagger as it always plugged up. I've never had much luck with baggers of any brand, so I'll chalk that up to operator error. I don't know what use a review of a 10 plus year old machine is to you, but it IS still cutting over an acre a week for 10 plus years, so I guess that says something.