Default Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)?

Lots of info out there about other brands - JD vs. Craftsman, or CC or whatever. I've seen nothing about Snapper LTs compared to other brands. Anybody have an opinion? They seem a little pricey for what the spec sheet says you get, but other than that are they good tractors? I'm looking for a good light duty LT that will last a lifetime, so I'd like to know if they live up to the Snapper reputation. However to repeat, I'm not asking about the rear engine rider, rather the lawn tractors Snapper also makes.

Default Re: Own a Snapper LT (NOT RER)?

The Snapper LT is a nice a little lawn tractor for the price. It's not the cadillac of lawn tractors but it's not the dodge either. For the money, I think you get a good value. Good Luck. Another nice thing is that they are built with a life span of more than 2 years. Only being sold at local dealers, you can buy parts and have service done on your unit by someone who has ANSWERS to your questions.

Tractor
    Deere 316 (Kohler) Deere 316 (Onan) Deere 210

Snapper is now owned by Simplicity, who in turn is now owned by Briggs and Stratten. Just so you know.
    If it's free, it's for me!!!!!

Platinum Member

snapper is still building lawn mowers in the same factory they have been in for more than 20 years. they take great care in quality control and still produce a fine product. I read an article not too long ago about how their ceo had a meeting with walmart about selling Snappers in walmart, basically he said no way, he didn't want to screw up the reputation...

Tractor
    Deere 316 (Kohler) Deere 316 (Onan) Deere 210

I haven't run one made since 2000, but do use a little Snapper lawn tractor that's roughly 10 years old at a customer's house. The tractor itself runs great, has a 14.5 HP Briggs, and a hydro tranny, and tight steering. Thw mower deck isn't the best I've ever seen. It cuts ok, but not great, and my main complaint is the deck drive slips a lot, even in moderately high grass. New belt and sharp blades didn't help. I removed the bagger as it always plugged up. I've never had much luck with baggers of any brand, so I'll chalk that up to operator error. I don't know what use a review of a 10 plus year old machine is to you, but it IS still cutting over an acre a week for 10 plus years, so I guess that says something.
    If it's free, it's for me!!!!!