Snapper Belt Change

/ Snapper Belt Change #1  

Czbilly

Tractor
Kubota BX 1850
Hi All, I need to know the trick for changing the belt on an older snapper RER. There is not enough room between the pulley attached to the engine and the rear diff. Everything else is so simple on this that I figured I must be looking too hard for a simple solution. All in all I like this little mower. It was given to me to fix up which hasn't taken much and the cool factor is high compared to my Kubota. Any other tips on general wear and tear items would be appreciated as well.
Thanks

/ Snapper Belt Change #2  
I have a RER also and I "think" ( I could be wrong) you have to remove the pulley from the motor. I recently removed my deck since it is just used as a sprayer/spreader tow motor so I just cut the belt off since I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing the pulley and I have two spare belts if I have to put her back in service.

/ Snapper Belt Change #3  
i can pm you a email address to snapper repair if you want
heehaw

/ Snapper Belt Change
I got it.
Put the Trans in High Gear and push in the parking break. This moves everything over enough to get clearance to pull out the belt. I found on an old post how to stretch the frame to adjust the belt. This makes me mad because the guy today at the snapper dealer said there was no way to adjust the belt. He said they just wear out and then need replaced. My faith is dealers is completely gone as this is the second time in a month I've got BS info from someone who is supposed to know. Thanks for the help.
Aron

/ Snapper Belt Change #5  
info@snapper.com
i have got good info about snappers at this location: but it has been a couple years since i used it, hope it still works
heehaw

/ Snapper Belt Change #6  
Underneath the seat, on the main pipe (frame) there is a place to put and take out plastic shims to adust the belt. You have to loosen the clamp first.

Make sure you don't get any grease, oil or lube on the flywheel drive plate. Not even greasy fingerprints.

Snappers only wear out 3 items, blades, belt, and drive wheel. All are easy to fix and relatively cheap. Also, make sure the "accordian" tubes that protect the rear axle are in good shape. Replace them if they aren't.