Snapper Engine Replacement Wiring

/ Snapper Engine Replacement Wiring #1  

dmanes

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1000
This is an electric start model---28086S with hi-vac deck. I'm replacing the old 8 HP B&S with a 13.5 HP B&S. Question: The new engine has a double plug that connects to the magneto---one red the other black. Which wires from the snapper ignition connect to these wires? I've tried to find a wiring diagram for the B&S replacement engine but don't see it on their web site. It's a G20000 series engine.

Thank you.

Damon Manes

/ Snapper Engine Replacement Wiring #2  
I had intended to research this when you first posted. There two ways that you can go with this. The easiest would be to just connect the correct wire which I think is the black one to your charging circuit. I will verify it tomorrow. Basically, you have one wire for charging the battery (DC) and the other is for the head lights (AC). You could probably use a volt meter set for DC and with the engine running, check the output of both wires. I suspect that the wire to connect to will be obvious.

The other option you have is to remove the flywheel and install the stator from the old engine onto the new engine. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Jim

/ Snapper Engine Replacement Wiring #3  
Well, I was exactly backwards. The red wire is the unregulated 12V DC charging wire and puts out 2 amps @2400 rpm - 3amps @ 3600 rpm. The black wire puts out 8 Volts AC @ 2400 rpm - 12 volts AC @ 3600 rpm. Verify these outputs with your meter before hard wiring to the mower.

Jim