Snapper rear engine rider for work use?

/ Snapper rear engine rider for work use? #1  

97exc

Ive been told these riders are not good for work use such as plowing, towing, etc. due to their drive system and traction issues. Just wanted to see if that is the case. I like the little Snappers for their size and maneuverability but would prefer something that can do a few other yard chores when needed.

/ Snapper rear engine rider for work use? #2  
I had one years ago. It was a riding mower, not a tractor. I loved the way it stood on end for storage, but it was way light in the front end, even for some steering situations. This one had a rubber disc drive which was simple, but sensitive to wetness.

/ Snapper rear engine rider for work use? #3  
I have an old Snapper rear engine mower that is approaching 30 yrs old...when I bought it new I had the feeling it looked like junk, but it has been anything but.
It is not a good candidate for anything but mowing though IMO.

/ Snapper rear engine rider for work use? #4  
For towing or garden work devices You need something like a Wheel-Horse or a Cub-Cadet. All the common rideons. and this did not depend of, if the engine is in the rear or in back, are not build for such kind of work. Maybe they can tow a little cart with a Husky, Troy-Built, MTD, or whatever, but the tin frame is not strong enough for towing or plowing day in day out.