snapping turtle

/ snapping turtle #1  

bayoubilly

Bronze Member
Tractor
1428v , 1533 SS
hi, anyone have the early snapper push or riding mowers, snapping turtle with the turtle head mounted on the front?

/ snapping turtle #2  
I don't have one but our local Snapper/Stihl dealer has a couple of these on display in his show room. These look really old.

/ snapping turtle
i picked a push mower up last week at a farm auction for $ 20 - bucks , just need to change the gas tank to one of that model. already have the rider mower that going to be repainted soon, both have the turtle heads still on .they be a nice set,thinking about selling as a pair only ,there 's two snapper dealers nearby . one dealer said he only seen one on displayed at the snapper training center.

/ snapping turtle
just got back from 2 snapper dealers 1 st one only saw pitchures ,2 nd dealer taded the push mower and rider mower for a new 18 " bar echo chainsaw . the snapper mechanic only saw a push mower once ,his 75 yr old father remembers them and wanted both. he has them now and i have a new chain saw,we both like the deal.i have david bradley walk behind tractors and attachments to move next.

Last edited:
   / snapping turtle #5  
I bought an edger years ago from a "lawnmower guy" in Orlando. He talked my ear off while I was there and his pride and joy was a Snapping Turtle push mower. It had a wide roller after the blade and the blade assembly cut with two sickle-bar blades. He still mowed with it.