Snapper 3080 drive problem

/ Snapper 3080 drive problem #1  

workerian

Tractor
Snapper 3080
Hey all. I have a 70's era Snapper 3080. Ran great for the last two months - as long as I've had it. Now it will not drive in any gear. The clutch mechanism seems to be fine - I can move it into all gears and watch the parts move from underneath, as they should. But when I start it and put it into gear, it doesn't move. This happened suddenly, on the last mow, coming out of reverse. Thinking about opening up the transmission to see what's in there. Any advice/suggestions for a novice before I open her up?

Thanks!

/ Snapper 3080 drive problem #2  
You can stand it up on its bumper and try to turn the back wheel by hand if the clutch wheel turns the chains should be ok maybe the disc that comes down from the engine needs adjusted I hope you can understand what I am saying. Could be the short or long shift is loose or broken. I hope it helped and its not a broken chain that's alot of work!

Last edited:
   / Snapper 3080 drive problem #3  
You can stand it up on its bumper and try to turn the back wheel by hand if the clutch wheel turns the chains should be ok maybe the disc that comes down from the engine needs adjusted I hope you can understand what I am saying. Could be the short or long shift is loose or broken. I hope it helped and its not a broken chain that's alot of work!
Let me know how it goes!!