Snapper rear rider axle bearing removal

/ Snapper rear rider axle bearing removal #1  

frankrn

Tractor
Snapper rear rider 331520KVE
I am trying to replace the two seal boots on a Snapper rear engine rider 331520KVE. I am supposed to remove the left wheel, then the hub (which required a wheel puller and was ****). Next is supposed to be the fender removal but I can't get the bearing/bushing off which is on the outside side of the fender. Space behind it is too tight to fit a wheel puller even if I had one long enough. Can't get behind the bearing to beat it out; tried to heat it to loosen it but no luck. Any tips or ideas will be appreciated. Help!. Thanks
Frank in Mississippi.

/ Snapper rear rider axle bearing removal #2  
Since your post is 4 months old,I would hope that you have finished the job.There is another boot post,that I answered,and the main difference,with your mower,is you probably have the "ball bearing" rear wheel bearings.These have a "lock collar" on the outside of the bearing,this locks the bearing to the axle and prevents the axle from rotating inside the center race of the bearing.Loosen the "set screw",and rotate the "lock collar,in the opposite direction of wheel rotation,the L/H side should should be clockwise,unless someone,has tightened it the wrong way.After removing the "lock ring" the "fender" should slide off,with the bearing still in the fender.