Problem replacing the Driven Disc on Snapper Lawn Tractor

/ Problem replacing the Driven Disc on Snapper Lawn Tractor #1  

Smithwicks51

Tractor
Snapper YT12 Series 4
My disc needs to be replaced, but when I try to loosen the nuts that hold the plate on, the disc just spins. Does anyone know of a way to keep this from happening. I have tried several wooden shims. They just get pulled down between the rubber on the driven disc and the plate that the disc rides on. I have tried moving the gear shift lever to all positions. None of these stop the disc from rotating. I could use some help. With all the rain were having I will soon have to bale my grass for hay.
Thanks

/ Problem replacing the Driven Disc on Snapper Lawn Tractor #2  
IIRC, there is at least one hole in the driven disc that you can insert a screwdriver in to stop the rotation.

I just use two box-end wrenches, one to stop the rotation of the disc and the other one to loosen another nut.

There is a brake pad inside, but mine is so worn I don't think it will stop it from turning.

/ Problem replacing the Driven Disc on Snapper Lawn Tractor
Thanks for the reply. In another forum I saw a tool that sells for $7.95 online, but shipping is also $7.95. I like your idea better. Had not thought of the screwdriver idea. Thanks for the reply.