HELP! Snapper 1650A engine sputter when electric PTO engaged

/ HELP! Snapper 1650A engine sputter when electric PTO engaged #1  

stuckcanuck

Tractor
Snapper 1650
Good day.

Just as the title says my Snapper 1650A engine starts to sputter once the electric PTO is engaged. I can still blow snow but will only throw the snow about a foot away.

I have changed the spark plug, cleaned and gapped the points, cleaned and ran a full tank of LUCAS OIL through the carburator, checked for continuity at the engagement switch and I still can't figure out what the problem is.

Engine runs fine at half throttle but greater than that with PTO engaged she starts to sputter, buck and kick. If I pull the choke out to about half way I can still run the engine but as I mentioned the PTO lags and doesn't operate at it's full potential. She even sputters in the summer when cutting the lawn.

I'm quite confident in saying that the blower isn't the culprit as I just greased and changed the belts before the snow flew but as we start to approach 4 feet of snow, I guess you can see where my problem is.

Any advice or guidance as to what I should take a closer look at, inspect or repair in order to get her working in all her glory?

/ HELP! Snapper 1650A engine sputter when electric PTO engaged #2  
valves or head gasket may be the problem, you may be able to take off the the crankcase ventilation cover and inspect the valves, but to do it properly and check the head gasket it's best to pull the head as well. BTW have you checked the fuel pump?

/ HELP! Snapper 1650A engine sputter when electric PTO engaged #3  
i CANNOT HELP BEYOND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE CHECK THE VALVES PS IM LOOKING FOR A SNOWBLOWER FOR MY 1650 IF ANYONE CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.